Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Browsed many threads, can't seem to find this one, catch seen on many common fakes

Article about: Can't seem to get a better pic from the owner, maybe only has a cell phone, so the pics are basically useless. I guess my question is did they ever use this catch in real life, I waded throu

Default Browsed many threads, can't seem to find this one, catch seen on many common fakes

Can't seem to get a better pic from the owner, maybe only has a cell phone, so the pics are basically useless. I guess my question is did they ever use this catch in real life, I waded through a lot of buckles here in the sticky threads before posting.

I think you're going to say fake?

Browsed many threads, can't seem to find this one, catch seen on many common fakes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Browsed many threads, can't seem to find this one, catch seen on many common fakes
    P
    Many

A fake!...

Thx Gunny, that's what I thought. Odd, but not improbable (obviously...) because the seller has a whole uniform that seems to be quite good. Someone much have added the belt/buckle later.

Back to the catch, those are patently fake?

That type of catch never existed on real buckles as far as i am aware!...

east European fakes.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    That type of catch never existed on real buckles as far as i am aware!...
    I agree. Just crap!

The buckle is a common fake, look in the fake SS thread, you will see them in there. They used the same style buckle for all fakes, Heer, Luft, HJ etc. There was never a catch ever produced like that so if you ever see one its utter crap!
    Ben

?

I wouldn't trust the sellers uniform without a big time inspection. If it's a SS uniform the odds are very high that it is a repo.
    Last edited by kirby; 09-17-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The buckle is a common fake, look in the fake SS thread, you will see them in there. They used the same style buckle for all fakes, Heer, Luft, HJ etc. There was never a catch ever produced like that so if you ever see one its utter crap!

That's gospel there! Good to know Ben, Thx!

PS, I've seen the catch on countless fakes, just didn't know if they were based on an actual WWII vintage design, but it is settled for all time.

?

Larboard, Sorry for the let down, hopefully something better will pan out for you soon.. G-Man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast