Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Denazified SS buckle & belt

Article about: Hello members, I have an opportunity to buy this belt. It's original denazified piece, am I right? Personally I don't know how much it might be worth as I have never seen similar piece. What

?

Default Denazified SS buckle & belt

Hello members, I have an opportunity to buy this belt. It's original denazified piece, am I right? Personally I don't know how much it might be worth as I have never seen similar piece. What do you think, how much maximally should I offer? Aside from this I would like to thank everybody for their huge input in this forum. Although I don't post a lot, I read all the time & learn, so thank you! Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified SS buckle & belt   Denazified SS buckle & belt  

Denazified SS buckle & belt   Denazified SS buckle & belt  

Denazified SS buckle & belt   Denazified SS buckle & belt  

Denazified SS buckle & belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified SS buckle & belt
    P
    Many

Hi Artur and welcome to the forum the buckle is original, the tab was probably applied period by the owner, as to value for me I would not pay more than $200 for belt and buckle. I dont like denazified buckles so no appeal to me. At the end of the day I always say what is the buckle worth to you and how much do you want it? You pick up a decent one for $450-550 so that might give you a ball part figure
    Ben

BTW what are the markings on the belt? More than likely a police belt at some point.
    Ben

?

Most collector don't want denazified items so they are hard to resell. I would agree with Ben and I would wait for a better buckle. The Police marked belt is nice. If you can get the belt for a good price I would jump on it.

?

Thanks a lot for the answers. Finally I got this set for $85 bucks so that's pretty good, especially for my student wallet As of the denazified items, that really depends on person. Personally I collect mostly ground dug relics, not because sometimes thery are easier to achieve for me, but because the story behind them is sometimes so fascinating that they are worth for me way more than any other mint item. As of the belt, I tried to find similar one but without luck. Could someone tell me who exactly wore such belts, do they were produced during the whole wartime or maybe just point me where I could find some more info? Thanks, Artur

I like the questions that arise as to WHY things were denazified. By the victor or the vanquished? When and why? to wear a belt of a defeated enemy or to denounce and hide the 'dreaded symbol' and show your captors you were not one of "them"! To wear at old chums reunions or just out of fear of the image?? the reasons are many.....

I for one find them intriguing and collect for my own interest and not for resale, be it for profit or loss.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I like the questions that arise as to WHY things were denazified. By the victor or the vanquished? When and why? to wear a belt of a defeated enemy or to denounce and hide the 'dreaded symbol' and show your captors you were not one of "them"! To wear at old chums reunions or just out of fear of the image?? the reasons are many.....
    To hold your trousers up in a time when clotingitems were scarce? ;-)

Quote by Danmark View Post

I for one find them intriguing and collect for my own interest and not for resale, be it for profit or loss.

Cheers, Dan
    Dan, after the war the swaz was banned so items were done by prisoners so they would be worn after the war as items were scarce at that time, they were also done by captors and used

- - ------- - -

Quote by ArtSS View Post
    Thanks a lot for the answers. Finally I got this set for $85 bucks so that's pretty good, especially for my student wallet As of the denazified items, that really depends on person. Personally I collect mostly ground dug relics, not because sometimes thery are easier to achieve for me, but because the story behind them is sometimes so fascinating that they are worth for me way more than any other mint item. As of the belt, I tried to find similar one but without luck. Could someone tell me who exactly wore such belts, do they were produced during the whole wartime or maybe just point me where I could find some more info? Thanks, Artur
    The belt is worth $85 on its own, good deal IMO
    Ben

Yes, certainly by prisoners etc. post war but also there are dug examples that seem to me to have been done as a trophy during wartime and maybe in the post war police as per my examples here......

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified SS buckle & belt   Denazified SS buckle & belt  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "