Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ELJ SS officer s buckle, opinions please?

Article about: Hi guys, know this is legit, but would like to hear your views. Is this buckle a rare one?, regards, Juan

Default ELJ SS officer s buckle, opinions please?

Hi guys, know this is legit, but would like to hear your views. Is this maker a difficult one to encounter?, regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ELJ SS officer s buckle, opinions please?   ELJ SS officer s buckle, opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ELJ SS officer s buckle, opinions please?
    P
    Many

Hi!

Original SS buckle.
    Congratulation.

Best regards

Robert

It is,indeed, a genuine SS Officer's buckle. These "ELJ"s were made fairly late in the war-about 1943-by Emil Jüttner of Ludenscheid. They were made of an inferior zinc metal alloy that did not hold up very well, hence the ragged condition many of these are usually found in. (They did Not take well to being buried!) ELJ is not a particularly rare or sought after maker-pretty much for the reasons given above of it's manufacture. This one is also missing it's zinc alloy keeper as well-again, a commonly found condition due to the brittle alloy of which it was made. No SS buckle is considered "cheap"-particularly an Officer's piece, but personally, I would pass on this one and look for a more complete and decent condition example. It will cost more, but at the end of the day, it will be a Far better and valued buckle to invest in and will keep and likely even increase in price and desirability over the years-this ELJ will also, but nowhere near what one of the others would. Good luck, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I like it,its got untold history.

Very nice Juan, indeed an original buckle
    Ben

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments, in regards to William I appreciate what you are saying. I have been surveying around and found out that you do not often find these folks out for sale and when they do, prices are very expensive for a decent buckle and not that decent I must say. This guy sells his at 250 Euros, which I am sure can negotiate to a certain extent. Having said that I know this is not the best buckle out there, but considering I cannot buy the best of everyting, I think this one would fairly meet my expectations. Nevertheless, I truly as always thank you all for your kind comments, best regards, Juan

?

250 euros is a good price in this condition. There is a nice one on EMedals with a starting price of $1150+ 20%. It doesn't have any bids and I don't expect anyone will bid on it.

Yeah, saw that too on emedals, a bit too expensive I should say

?

With the buyer premium your around $1450. I am sure I could find a nice aluminum Overhoff in that range.
    Last edited by kirby; 05-22-2016 at 03:04 AM.