Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D

Article about: Another ground find Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D

Another ground find
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D   Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D  

Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D   Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D  

Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D   Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D  

Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground dug buckle 36/38 especially for Ben :D
    P
    Many

Now that is a nice ground dug buckle lol I do not mind them in that condition strange how some ground dug buckles are eaten alive and some end up like this, I suppose its down to the condition of what soil they are in
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Now that is a nice ground dug buckle lol I do not mind them in that condition strange how some ground dug buckles are eaten alive and some end up like this, I suppose its down to the condition of what soil they are in
    I myself was surprised by this condition. I've found a few buckles, but in such a state very little .. I'll add them later ..

That's in great condition for a ground dug example!...

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    I myself was surprised by this condition. I've found a few buckles, but in such a state very little .. I'll add them later ..
    What is the ground conditions where these are from? Clay soil? Forest/pine conditions?
    Ben

Specifically, this buckle is from oak forest. About 5-10 cm deep. Dry soil

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    Specifically, this buckle is from oak forest. About 5-10 cm deep. Dry soil
    Cheers, probably makes sense, I think if it had been in pine forest the soil would be more alkaline so the buckle preservation would not be as good
    Ben

True, the coniferous forests are overall aggressive on the findings..

Its amazing how some of these items can lie in the ground for so long under all sorts of conditions and still look as good!
    Ben

The last time i was in Berlin (last August) i was talking to one of the workers on the U8 ubahn extension, he was showing me some of the items they had dug up, there were a couple of steel buckles one which was rotten and the other in pretty good condition, the former was dug from about 12 feet and the latter just a couple of feet deep, Berlin has very sandy soil with a high water table, so yep it all depends on the ground conditions.
    I did try to buy a few relics from the worker but they were all on their way to a dealer friend of his!..
    Sorry for the mini hijack!...