Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.

Article about: So the belt and buckle arrived today and I'm very pleased with it I have a mixed collection of ww2 German items but this is my first buckle and belt. It's a late war unmarked overhoff &

?

Yes, I echoe Markus and Ben: good original unmarked late war overhoff with Weimar belt.
    Some original set have been found with wartime era buckles and pre-war belts, just because it was possible that a soldier changed his damaged belt and only older sopplies were available. Might be.
    But to understand is belt abd buckles were USED togheter, try to have a look inside the belt when buckle is assembled on it: check the imprinting of the prongs on the leather. Sometimes this helps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.
    P
    Many

Hi Ben, it was your advice I was after regarding the belt as its not the original one shown with the belt this one is marked hasn't been shortened and is in much better condition , just wanted to no what you thought I should do , keep it an say nothing or ask for the one originally shown , I like this one more if I'm honest but would the other one matched it? Hard to tell I guess and same with the writing on the belt, always known it as falaise pocket rather than gap it's been there a while but as you say hard to tell if it was period done. Thanks again for all your advice

Cheers John

Thanks joda, that's some good advice I will take a look and see, very pleased with it I can see another one joining it in the not so distant future

Cheers John

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Hi Ben, it was your advice I was after regarding the belt as its not the original one shown with the belt this one is marked hasn't been shortened and is in much better condition , just wanted to no what you thought I should do , keep it an say nothing or ask for the one originally shown , I like this one more if I'm honest but would the other one matched it? Hard to tell I guess and same with the writing on the belt, always known it as falaise pocket rather than gap it's been there a while but as you say hard to tell if it was period done. Thanks again for all your advice

Cheers John
    Hi John, if you are happy with the belt them I would keep it, especially if it is more complete than the other one, at the end of the day its up to the individual taste/preference
    Ben

Also quite ironic I used to live near Bielefeld lol, lived there for three years
    Ben

its a very nice buckle & belt.

Thanks Ben , it's definitely in much better condition than the one i was suppose to receive, that one was dry and very flaky think il keep my mouth shut and hold on to this one I'm almost sure the guy thought it was a fake buckle as the other on his site was maybe this would explain the price and better belt thrown in, either way I'm very happy with it, I can see myself focusing on buckles really like the look of the Heer ones as well.

Cheers mate
    John

Good one John, read and learn and if in doubt ask
    Ben

Thanks Ben

?

Nice unmarked Overhoff. I matched up my Overhoff with a belt with a silver painted catch with the Overhoff Diamond. I don't trust most SS marked belts so this would be the kind of a matched set.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast