Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.

Article about: So the belt and buckle arrived today and I'm very pleased with it I have a mixed collection of ww2 German items but this is my first buckle and belt. It's a late war unmarked overhoff &

Yes seen lots of so called SS belts , collectors guild have one for sale and it's not cheap! Think I will stick with this one for now and keep my eye out for a suitable one to match , as you say a late war one with painted catch

Cheers John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Yes seen lots of so called SS belts , collectors guild have one for sale and it's not cheap! Think I will stick with this one for now and keep my eye out for a suitable one to match , as you say a late war one with painted catch

Cheers John
    Be careful John, ss belts (marked rzm ss) are one if the most scarce objects to find, and one of the most faked.
    Look for info, original belts to compare, speak with skilled collectors before purchasing one.
    Only an advise, but I think it will help you

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Nice unmarked Overhoff. I matched up my Overhoff with a belt with a silver painted catch with the Overhoff Diamond. I don't trust most SS marked belts so this would be the kind of a matched set.
    I agree with Kirby, this might be a good compromise

I think I will match the buckle up with a late war belt , I have seen some on a Holland based site which are fairly reasonable price wise around 90 euros and decent condition , there the standard black em/Heer/SS ones which would look good with it. The SS belt on collectors guild is $1385!! My wife would kill me !! I got myself a Heer buckle yesterday also so I could match that to the one that came with the SS buckle. I see many more buckles making there way into my collection happy new year to all!

Cheers john

Could anyone recommend some good buckle books?

Also if anybody may no where I could find an overhoff belt for sale I would be very great full

As far as I know: Overhoff did not make belts, just the added hook.

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Could anyone recommend some good buckle books?
    The books by John Angolia, Ben Evans and Peter Nash maybe?

John Angolia - Belt buckles & brocades of the Third Reich

Peter Nash - German belt buckles 1845-1945

Bob Evans - Third Reich Belt Buckles: An Illustrated Handbook and Price Guide

Edit: But don't trust them to 100%!

Ahhh I see! Yes the hook with the diamond, have looked for one but no luck as yet. I have seen a nice condition rb nr one dated 1944 or there is good conditioned koppel one with no markings to the leather but the hook is marked G.A ? I'm not sure what the best match would be for the buckle if I cannot find one with an overhoff an cie marked hook, thank you I have much to learn

Many thanks l will see if I can find any of the books, I am a complete novice when it comes to buckles and belts and a book would really help to learn the basics, the forum has been a great source of information and advice and it's great to talk to experienced collectors

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast