Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.

Article about: So the belt and buckle arrived today and I'm very pleased with it I have a mixed collection of ww2 German items but this is my first buckle and belt. It's a late war unmarked overhoff &

Found one browsing the net.

Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Its here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.
    P
    Many

Thanks larboard , that would be the mark to look for on the belt hook

Was there a difference between aluminium and steel hooks in appearance ? Were the steel ones always painted? Any idea what these maker marks are on this hookIts here! Overhoff & cie buckle and belt.

I think build construction is very similar. I would guess steel was always painted to keep rust at bay. That looks kind of crude but it is probably a maker's mark, Ben & Co will know.

I coulda swore I had an <oLc> marked catch on a belt, but I don't. Might be something I sent down the road a while back, grrrr...

Out of five painted steel catches, all are perfectly blank except for this one, it's an interesting maker's mark and dated too, and so it the belt and so is the buckle, all 42.

Its here! Overhoff &amp; cie buckle and belt.

That belt looks like it's been to hell and back...

So a matching set that's really nice to have all dates match are those SS marking on the belt also?

No, that's a maker code, looks like bmd, which would be;

WaA38 bmd Max G. Müller Fabrik für Lederwaren-u. Heeresbedarf Forsthofstr. 37, Nürnberg-O, Bayern 44
    WaA640 bmd Max Müller Nürnberg 1941-42
    WaA648 bmd Max Müller Nürnberg 1942

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffenamt_codes

I see , I have emailed the guy who has the belt for sale in the above pic to see if he knows what the G A stands for on the hook , also had a good look on the net today for a suitable belt but not much luck other than the one in the pic which is €70 and in good condition overall

I've looked on the link and all I can see is grossfuss AG just give a date of 1942-43 or gustav Apple which I would associate with the k98/rg34 cleaning kits

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I think build construction is very similar. I would guess steel was always painted to keep rust at bay. That looks kind of crude but it is probably a maker's mark, Ben & Co will know.

I coulda swore I had an <oLc> marked catch on a belt, but I don't. Might be something I sent down the road a while back, grrrr...

Out of five painted steel catches, all are perfectly blank except for this one, it's an interesting maker's mark and dated too, and so it the belt and so is the buckle, all 42.

That belt looks like it's been to hell and back...
    This hook is made by Schmole & Comp, remember chaps, the lather makers and hook makers were normally separate, one bought from the other and the belts were then assembled
    Ben

Hi Ben, was koppel a belt maker? I wonder how many there actually were , doesn't seem to be as much information around on the belts or none I can find

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast