Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need info on this SS buckle.

Article about: Hello I can't get the link to copy. On WFA search Croatian and you'll find the buckle. It's a large thread with 6000+ views. If someone else can link it. The only buckle book I know that sho

Default Need info on this SS buckle.

Hi Guys,

I just picked this one up:

Need info on this SS buckle.Need info on this SS buckle.

A strange one as for me.
    Has anybody any info on this buckle ?

Bestreg,

kindzjal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on this SS buckle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need info on this SS buckle.

Hello. I'm sorry to say - but this is a complete fantasy piece. This type of buckle never existed during the TR. The construction is all wrong and the stamped emblem is a contrived piece.
    Sorry....perhaps you could return it?

Rob

I have never seen anything like that before. Maybe you have a very early buckle. That or some crude fantasy item, but then why would it be in this relic condition? I can't find one with that eagle anywhere online so far.

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Hello. I'm sorry to say - but this is a complete fantasy piece. This type of buckle never existed during the TR. The construction is all wrong and the stamped emblem is a contrived piece.
    Sorry....perhaps you could return it?

Rob
    Rob is spot on there is nothing rare about this it's Fourth Reich rubbish i'm afraid
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hello This buckle did exist. You need some much better photos to judge . I don't like the details of the one show but If you search on WAF you will find a couple of threads. Marc V has one and I remember a ground dug example.

I'll have to look that up Kirby...I'm surprised that something like this would really exist....I'm still convinced that the example shown above is a contrived piece that is totally wrong! Even if a buckle like this does exist - I'm sure the construction would be of much better quality.
    I'll have to see if I can find those threads....

Rob

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Hello This buckle did exist. You need some much better photos to judge . I don't like the details of the one show but If you search on WAF you will find a couple of threads. Marc V has one and I remember a ground dug example.
    Can you post a link or photos of an original ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I just received today my long awaited book on buckles 'German Belt Buckles 1845 - 1945' and I have just looked through the SS section and there's no sign of your buckle Kindzjal... Cheers... Hansi

It looks to me like ti is a fantasy piece buckle, and some one years later decided to put those screwed up SS letters on it, There is no way the Germans, during the TR period would allow such a buckle to exist, especially with the quality of buckles we see today.

Brian

In my opinion, an original and very rare Ethnic German "Einsatzstaffel" Croatia buckle. Not however SS and not Prinz Eugen related as some suggest. The buckle being documented in both aluminium and nickle silver, although invariably with the same catch and pin shroud/claw arrangement.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast