Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need info on this SS buckle.

Article about: Hello I can't get the link to copy. On WFA search Croatian and you'll find the buckle. It's a large thread with 6000+ views. If someone else can link it. The only buckle book I know that sho

Default Re: Need info on this SS buckle.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    David i must admit as from my first post i had this down as a modern fake and if i'd seen one somewhere i would have walked past it but we are all here to further our knowledge and i have learnt something new so it's be a good day
    Ditto! I know nothing about Croatian buckles - I study German made pieces....I was sure this was a fantasy piece given the construction standards!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on this SS buckle.
    P
    Many

Paul and Rob

As mentioned before, I have very limited information about this buckle and furthermore, it holds no interest to myself whatsoever within my area of collecting. The design in my opinion is amateur and theatrical, to the point of being almost unbelievable and yet, it is documented as period. No wonder this buckle is quite naturally dismissed by many as a piece of fantasy nonsense. Could someone possibly check the Littlejohn publications, as I do not have mine with me in Bahrain. Anyway, this is not a "new" buckle and as Kirby previously mentioned, it was included in a 1991 and highly respected, French language belt buckle reference.

Having said all this, a tribute to War Relics as to how a forum should and can work !!

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Having said all this, a tribute to War Relics as to how a forum should and can work !!
    Indeed it is!

A rare buckle and one I would like to own someday to go with my helmet.

Please see this thread on the forum to see the buckle in wear!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...942/#post81850

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the link and indeed it's a pleasure to be member of the Warrelics forum !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3