Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on this SS belt...

Article about: I'm looking for opinons regarding this belt I picked up. I have several Heer belts, but no SS belts so I'm curious if the stamp you see in the photos is good? Otherwise the belt itself looks

?

Default Need opinions on this SS belt...

I'm looking for opinons regarding this belt I picked up. I have several Heer belts, but no SS belts so I'm curious if the stamp you see in the photos is good? Otherwise the belt itself looks good when compared to the others I own. A little rigid, but good nonetheless.

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on this SS belt...   Need opinions on this SS belt...  

Need opinions on this SS belt...   Need opinions on this SS belt...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this SS belt...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need opinions on this SS belt...

For some reason the clasp looks wrong to me, it might have been replaced and then restitched back in , if you look at the wear marks, the clasp goes further than the stitching, as for the SS Stamp it looks to amateurish, lets see what the others say

The buckle clasp is not original to the belt and the belt looks to have work done on it. I would pass, especially if I saw the fake SS markings.

Bob Hritz

ditto to the above remarks....

?

Thanks guys. I already bought it, but didn't over pay so I'm not worried. I should have caught the clasp issue. Upon closer inspection the leather has been cut down to accomodate a tighter clasp. I guess it could have been field replaced, but since there is no way to know for sure one has to assume it was altered post war. Just seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for an item worth $100 max street retail if authentic. That being said, you guys also think the SS stamp is bad so I guess I'll scrap it.

Thanks again!
    Dzyner

I agree, wrong clasp, bad stitching, SS marks I do not know but to me the belt is all wrong
    Ben

?

Dyzner, although the belt has been messed with, it could still be used as a [possible display], the actual belt is genuine, cut down, restitched, bad clasp, apart from the SS marking, all of the above could be dealt with, and i dare say even the marking could be eliminated , a future restoration project perhaps.

?

The belt could be salvaged. Original clasps come around occasionally and the fake SS mark could be punched over. Although that might be more work than you want to do I wouldn't throw it away.
    SteveR