Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?

Article about: Chaps, just been doing some buckle admin (like you do) and I was looking through the Aurich file. As I looked at this buckle the prongs reminded me of another buckle, this buckle being the c

Default Re: Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    it is Waffen SS buckle with My honour is my loyalty motto
    I was asking about the top buckle. Not the SS buckle.

Thanks for the reply Ben!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

No problem, I do not know too much about them but if you use the forum search and look up RLB buckle etc you will find some more threads about it.

Hello,

here for compare a variation with marker mark from Aurich .

Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?

@Ben , it's a interest theorie but also the post sleeve and prongs can be a supplier part ?

Only this , is not enough to fasten the maker of this buckle .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I know Markus, the supplier part is a pain, but I am going on the premise that early on and I am presuming that these would have been made 31-33 that the makers would have their own supply of buckle parts, also I have not seen many other prong sleeve assembly's like this, if one supplier was distributing parts like prongs and sleeves I would expect to to more buckles with prongs like these. Overall it is no proof of Aurich being the maker but it is something to think about and investigate. I am trying to see if anyone has a early Aurich HJ for comparison, I will also try and find out the Aurich company of today, I have heard they are still around so maybe if I contact them they may shed a little light (or not) lol
    Ben

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I was asking about the top buckle. Not the SS buckle.

Thanks for the reply Ben!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yes Phil it is
    Ben

Just wanted to show this buckle that Markus has so kindly sent me pics of. In my eyes a very nice SA buckle by H Aurich, I just love the adler on this buckle, looks like the "Jimmy Durante" of the buckle world. It a shame that the prongs are missing but it still has one ear left for comparison with the unmarked cracked wing SS buckle. Chad Williams is going to send me pics of a early nickel HJ buckle by Aurich that he has, again these should be interesting for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?   Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?  

Attached Images Attached Images Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker? 
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Just wanted to show this buckle that Markus has so kindly sent me pics of. In my eyes a very SA buckle by H Aurich, I just love the adler on this buckle, looks like the "Jimmy Durante" of the buckle world. It a shame that the prongs are missing but it still has one ear left for comparison with the unmarked cracked wing SS buckle. Chad Williams is going to send me pics of a early nickel HJ buckle by Aurich that he has, again these should be interesting for comparison
    Hello Gents ,

here another picture of this buckle i found .

Nickel Cracked Wing SS Possible maker?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Bargain Markus Ivan if you read this is there any chance you can do a side profile shot of your buckle the same as this one please? Also gents I may be barking up a wrong tree here I do not know, it may come to nothing it may turn out that Aurich is the maker but until I exhaust all the avenues to look at I will keep looking
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-12-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Ben

?

Ben, I think your theory about Aurich as the maker for the "Cracked Wings" SS buckle generally cannot be dismissed. A collector friend told once to me about the same assumption. I am looking forward where the road is heading!

Best,
    Guido

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast