Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nickel RZM 63

Article about: Hi guys, just bought two buckles from William Kramer, first up is this hard to find RZM 63 SS buckle by SteinHauer & Luck, Ludenscheid. Lovely looking buckle in good condition. Just love

And with the RZM 57
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel RZM 63  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickel RZM 63
    P
    Many

The problem is this debate is long standing, did one buy from the other, did both buy from a supplier, through all the theories and speculation there is no hard evidence as yet as to who made what.
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    No arguement from me Jeff on that one, do you have a side profile shot if the buckle is yours? Also a shot of both pin heads?
    Extra pics as requested
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel RZM 63   Nickel RZM 63  

Nickel RZM 63   Nickel RZM 63  

Thanks Jeff, its night here, I will try the flash and see if I can get anything decent
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The problem is this debate is long standing, did one buy from the other, did both buy from a supplier, through all the theories and speculation there is no hard evidence as yet as to who made what.
    I've read one of those debates before

Here close ups of mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel RZM 63   Nickel RZM 63  

Ben

Here are mine and Jeff pics together, so you have the Steinhaur & Luck SS buckle RZM 63 and the M Winter DAF buckle RZM M4/2, who came first? The chicken or the egg? A long old debate but at some point hopefully it will emerge with evidence as to who actually made the buckles.

Nickel RZM 63  
    Ben

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

Ben, a very beautyfull buckle !

Questionable the contractnumber 63 is real to St.&L. ?

Some other collectors told that can also be a M.Winter with later SS contraktnumber .........
    Markus, very questionable and trying to work out a time line for this is a night mare. I have just asked Wim Saris if he has any info at all that we can use. The RZM Licence came to effect May 1934 (according to the Angolia book) I have asked Wim for info on the RZM 63 contract and when that might have come info effect. Also on the buckle that Jeff has shown IMO the M4/2 markings was added at a later date. The DAF was formed 1933 so was this nickel buckle of Jeffs one of the earlier buckles remarked when the M4 contract came in effect? It is plain to see that these buckles were made by the same maker but the million $ is which one
    Ben

The Werkschar (not DAF) buckle did not appear before August 1935, as then the uniform was sanctioned.
    Manufacturing regulations were published shortly thereafter (September 1935), the use of "unedle Metalle"
    (nickel-silver) was not allowed, according to orders from March 1935. For a short while this was still done and
    then aluminum Werkschar buckles appeared. The RZM-code M4 was required.

For a very short time the buckle with cogwheel was known as Arbeitsfrontkoppelschloss (only with the
    introduction-order), soon thereafter it got its final name Werkscharkoppelschloss.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast