MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Odd SS belt plate?

Article about: Saw an odd belt plate in an antique shop today. Rectangular stamped white metal in the size and form of an enlisted combat plate. The design was a wreath around large SS runes. Ring any bell

Default Odd SS belt plate?

Saw an odd belt plate in an antique shop today. Rectangular stamped white metal in the size and form of an enlisted combat plate. The design was a wreath around large SS runes. Ring any bells? Fantasy plate?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd SS belt plate?
    P
    Many

This one perhaps?

Regards and best wishes,

David

If so:-

SS Vlaanderen visor

That's the plate! Thanks. Flemish, it appears, when Googled. I'm a casual collector / observer and have never seen one. Have any value, should it be genuine? I presume, as in all things Third Reich, it's been copied. what should I look for?

Quote by Dave Fox View Post
    "...what should I look for?..."
    No need and instead, a quite simple solution to a perfectly reasonable question posed.

Please provide the Forum with some detailed digital images of the said buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Shall try to get photographs. It's in a case in a shop and I'm not sure how cooperative they'd be. May I presume there are known replicas out there?

Quote by Dave Fox View Post
    Shall try to get photographs. It's in a case in a shop and I'm not sure how cooperative they'd be. May I presume there are known replicas out there?
    There are indeed
    Ben

Took my camera to the antique mall this morning. Gal obtained the keys to the case and, when we got there, the belt plate was gone. Certainly a striking buckle. And, apparently, a fantasy item(?)
    Don't know how often you gurus of different disciplines on this website are thanked, but I, personally, wouldn't pretend to purchase a collectable Axis helmet, belt plate, or whatever without running it by folks like you. In addition, I thank you for the enjoyment factor in reading learned mini-essays on these subjects. I am a collector of nearly 60 years' standing of mostly 19th Century American military arms, uniforms, and accoutrement and even in my area I know my limitations.