Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Other Markings on SS Buckles

Article about: Ok Andreas we will wait for the pics as for the eagle it is an eagle nothing more nothing less

Default Re: Other Markings on SS Buckles

Quote by andreasSS View Post
    someone like me that isnt known has no say,an expert with pull needs to confirm this....there are thousands of ss buckle collectors but only a handfull of "real ss buckle experts" in thgis world..best regards andreas i guess ill be checking myself in...lol but you know where i stand on this topic ben,will wait till someone with CREDABILITY confirms this as im done.cheers andreas ps everyone has the right to thier own opinion and i truly do respect everyone elses..only time will tell.cheers
    Andreas, it does not have to be anyone with credibility, it needs a picture that anyone can look at and see it for themselves. If JP came on here tomorrow and stated he could see them it would not matter an ounce, believing is in the eye of the beholder. Try and find a way of photographing these marks, you have 30 SS buckles to choose from, I only have two, maybe one of them has good marks that will stand out?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Other Markings on SS Buckles
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Andreas, it does not have to be anyone with credibility, it needs a picture that anyone can look at and see it for themselves. If JP came on here tomorrow and stated he could see them it would not matter an ounce, believing is in the eye of the beholder. Try and find a way of photographing these marks, you have 30 SS buckles to choose from, I only have two, maybe one of them has good marks that will stand out?
    Hello,

yes it would by very intresting what JP say's to this thread .

On my shown buckle there is on the field a very big zinc coating and rests of the silver color finish . Therefor i can't see anything like andreasSS on the fields

My three photos shown the left ,middel and right of the buckle .All from one buckle . Here are 2 different definations shown by andreasSS ......???????????

left : Other Markings on SS Buckles

middle :Other Markings on SS Buckles

right :Other Markings on SS Buckles
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Just having another play with the 155/43 SS, there could be a small 4 on the right hand side of the 3 but hard to tell
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Other Markings on SS Buckles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Other Markings on SS Buckles 
    Ben

Dear Andreas

May I suggest and with all due respect, that you should perhaps consider being just a tad more careful and dare I say professional in relation to some of the wildly silly aspersions that you have been making. ""..but only a handfull (sic) of "real ss (sic) buckle experts" in thgis (sic) world..best regards andreas (sic) i guess ill be checking myself in...lol (sic) but you know where i stand on this topic ben (sic), will wait till someone with CREDABILITY (sic) confirms this as im (sic) done.ch..".

I can absolutely guarantee that that there are within this forum, buckle collectors and SS buckle collectors, with an international credibility.

It is difficult to say, however it has to be said, that you are talking and promoting sheer and complete nonsense.

May I wish you a happy, although probably a slightly confused, New Year.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Couple more experiments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Other Markings on SS Buckles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Other Markings on SS Buckles 
    Ben

?

This is one of the most absurd threads I have ever seen in a belt buckle discussion forum!

In this spirit: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best regards,
    Guido

Hi All,

Since some asked, here is what I can say:

-The thread started with such markings were so light that one could only see them with help of a strong magnificent glass under certain light condition. 24 hours later a basic resolution pic could reveal everything in less than 5 seconds. Please allow me to be sceptical to such improvement.
    -A 35 or 36 date on a steel buckle? I can only say that Yellow 12 had the exact same reaction I did.
    -An Overhoff marked 57 or 23? I let you decide.
    -I cannot agree more with David and Guido
    -I looked at an unissued nickel 63 in stone mint condition (the only one now remaining in my collection - others were sold), two un-issued unmarked Overhoff, one un-issued "Russian SS". I took those as no alteration could be the result of time or wear but not a single one is showing what AndreaSS is talking about. I can upload close ups if it could have any interest over the next week.
    -Ben: GZM SS buckles were not all marked with GZM M1/131. There was also at least another marking starting with GZ. So maybe you could try to see something else (other than what AndreaSS sees)

So, for me, unless AndreaSS could upload a strict evidence I am done with the thread.

Regards and Happy 2013 to All !!

That is very interesting JP, in that case then I believe that buckle was originally marked GZ and at some point re stamped GZM, that would explain why there is a GZ strike under the marking but no M. I presume it would have had the M1/131 also? There is the faint M also but smaller than the GZ lettering. Fascinating
    Ben

hi Ben,i get 6 of my buckles back that are on loan on the 14th(2 of them have the best stamps)the problem is to get a close pic on macro you need very still hands as you cannot use flash as this shows you nothing.have you noticed that at least 4 bucles on tTHIS thread have the CLEAR / on the left which actually cuts thrue the middle of the circle(I KNOW YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME BUT ILL TRY GET THE BEST PICS I CAN AS SOON AS I Get them back...ive gone over the late war overhoff very correctly to show you this please go back as i can see this "/" on the left side on at least 4 buckles posted on this thread(easiest part to see)if you compared the "unmarked overhoff on age 2 or 3 at the same time you WILL/SHOULD see this here another pic....ill post again soon.here is also another pic of a late war and early war nco just wanted to ask out of all the 3rd reich buckles do you agree that the ss buckle NCO bird represents a man(theoretically)the penisis are very detailed on some(sorry for rude language)on fat eagle buckle eaven has big dick with "head(very detail,sorry for being rude)this is in no other organisation,ill post a pic of overhoff but you should go back and look at both pics "unmessed with and marked by me" page 3 "AT THE SAME TIME" hopefully you will see.let me know if you think that the ss nco eagle is meant to represent a man..cheers andreas ps.when i see my marks i use the natural light that comes in thru my window and" not direct light as you can not see the "shodows otherwise.I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL AND RESPECT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME...will PAY TO GET PROFFESIONAL PHOTOS(so its clear but with out flash just after 14thg)please let me know of what you think of my idea of the birds representing strong man,check out the size on the "fat eagle buckle....lol best regards Andreas ps im not delusional or a time waster.be patient,I WILL PROVE THIS TO YOU..cheersOther Markings on SS BucklesOther Markings on SS Bucklesps the buckle posted is not my fat eagle(on loan till 14th its an standard early o=c ges buckle..

?

This just gets better ............ or worse !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast