Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Question - SS 822/38 Buckles on SS makers thread

Article about: Hello Everyone, I've just looked through SS makers thread at buckles made by 822/38 - there are three, aluminum one from Ade photo No7 in thread,zinc or aluminum one from Pascal Bernard phot

?

Default Question - SS 822/38 Buckles on SS makers thread

Hello Everyone,
    I've just looked through SS makers thread at buckles made by 822/38 - there are three, aluminum one from Ade photo No7 in thread,zinc or aluminum one from Pascal Bernard photo No12 and finally a aluminum one from Reibert photo No 21 in thread. Looking at the makers mark - 822/38 on the buckles all three have a different layout. No.7 the numbers are touching - No.12 the numbers are well spaced out - No.21 numbers are closer but not touching. As the thread is intended to be a reference thread, I wonder about the three variants being correct ? do members have any ideas why? I admit to having a vested interest, I'm about to buy a aluminum 822/38 buckle, I would be happy to receive any information, before I buy.
    Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question - SS 822/38 Buckles on SS makers thread
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question - SS 822/38 Buckles on SS makers thread

Alec

As you know, the SS 822 code is for Richard Sieper und Sohn, Lüdenscheid. For the aluminium SS buckles by this company, I have two examples toward a differing style of markings by font and layout on the buckle lip. This chronological modification in die stamp tools is not really remarkable. What is your concern? Let me know if you would like some images of the 822/38's that I hold.

Regards,

David

?

David,
    Thanks for the offer, if its not too much trouble I would be more than happy to have a look at your aluminum SS 822/38 buckles. As you say the number modification was part of a normal production routine and shouldn't be more read into than that. That's fine by me, at the time of looking I just found it a bit of an anomaly - everything clear.
    Best Wishes
    Alec

?

David,
    Thanks for the pictures, they are a big help.
    Best Wishes
    Alec