Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A question for A-SS collectors

Article about: Here is the belt in it's new home.

?

Default A question for A-SS collectors

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some advice on a belt and buckle I recently picked up. It is an EM/NCO belt and buckle set and the nickel buckle has a bit of a patina on the reverse from (I believe) the belt. For those who have collected these for display I am curious if I should:

1. Attempt to clean off the patina for fear of permanent discoloration of the buckle

2. Be concerned about any discoloration of the belt ramps on my A-SS tunic from the leather similar to what has happened to the reverse of the belt buckle.

Additionally, there is some scuffing to a small portion of an otherwise perfect marked SS black belt that I would like to remedy...any suggestions or just leave it alone?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A question for A-SS collectors
    P
    Many

Default Re: A question for A-SS collectors

Some pics would be very helpful..

Thanks
    Brian

I always tend to leave things alone....collector preference I guess - but I agree with Brian: pics are a must! Hope to see some pics of it!

Cheers!

Rob

?

Hello Brian,

I hope you are doing well. Of course, pictures are a must. My camera is acting up so I attached the pics from the dealer, hopefully this is not a problem for him as I don't want to make anyone cross.

Regards,

CMH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A question for A-SS collectors  

?

Hi lach470,

I agree, I tend to leve things alone also but this belt is perfect except for one small area.

I just mainly do not wish to discolor the belt ramp on my tunic like what happened to the buckle.

Any thoughts on a bit of leather protector or shoe polish for the scuffs on the belt?

Regards,

CMH

That is a great belt and buckle. Love the early Overhoff buckles! I understand now why you are interested in cleaning it - I too would not want to hurt or damage an SS tunic. In a case like that - it might be good to clean it then. I'm just not really sure - I have never come across this situation as I don't have tunics in my collection.
    Good luck! I'm sure there are some knowledgeable collectors here who will be able to help you out!
    Again - congrats on this pick- up! That is a great set!

Rob

?

Thank you Rob,

It is interesting to put all this stuff together. The tunic had a couple areas of wear that I couldn't guess as to the origin until...the belt was placed on. The edges of the buckle fit into this area of wear perfectly.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you Rob,

It is interesting to put all this stuff together. The tunic had a couple areas of wear that I couldn't guess as to the origin until...the belt was placed on. The edges of the buckle fit into this area of wear perfectly.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards,

CMH
    You mention a tunic, do you have pics of it.

Thanks
    Brian

?

Hi Brian,

It is the same tunic from Robert H. I put some more pics of it in an album of my collection under my profile page if you would like to check it out. It's nothing new so I didn't bother posting pics of it again. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Hi Brian,

It is the same tunic from Robert H. I put some more pics of it in an album of my collection under my profile page if you would like to check it out. It's nothing new so I didn't bother posting pics of it again. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

CMH
    That's right, you're the one that bought that tunic...

Very nice.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast