Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A question for A-SS collectors

Article about: Here is the belt in it's new home.

?

Default Finally got the camera working!

Here is the belt in it's new home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A question for A-SS collectors  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A question for A-SS collectors
    P
    Many

Default Re: A question for A-SS collectors

Very nice.

Such a great looking tunic, and buckle..

thanks for sharing.

Brian

OOO that is a nice looking set and the belt really looks at home..great.

?

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to pick up a schulterriemen soon and complete the rig. Should look great!

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I hope to pick up a schulterriemen soon and complete the rig. Should look great!

Regards,

CMH
    being that it would ruin THAT tunic, I think I would have to clean the spot on the buckle, but that's just my opinion, if I get a m-4 bayonet that is really got rust that is o it I usually clean them off then put RENwax on it, but that's me. it really is all up to you anyway. just mho plus I can't remember the name of it right now, but I have a good leather conditioner that I put on the leather handles, it doesn't take off any color, stains , etc but makes the handle supple enough not to shrink , or split.

?

I found a solution to the original question of the thread...I agree with you fully as leaving things alone so I got some thin breathable plastic that is used to cover points of insertion of IV catheters that will protect the ramps from discoloration. Then I just undid the fourth button on the tunic to make sure it did not contact the buckle and placed another thin piece of non-reactive plastic behind the belt around the tunic to minimize contact. I will have to let you know in many decades IF this actually works! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have heard many good things about the Renwax and have ordered some to protect the leather. We will see...

Take care,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I found a solution to the original question of the thread...I agree with you fully as leaving things alone so I got some thin breathable plastic that is used to cover points of insertion of IV catheters that will protect the ramps from discoloration. Then I just undid the fourth button on the tunic to make sure it did not contact the buckle and placed another thin piece of non-reactive plastic behind the belt around the tunic to minimize contact. I will have to let you know in many decades IF this actually works! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have heard many good things about the Renwax and have ordered some to protect the leather. We will see...

Take care,

CMH
    hope it works out for you, ReNwax is amazing, put it on your buckle too it's all natural stuff, it will not hurt anything, if it's good enough for the musems in England, then it's good enough for me, I put it on bayonets etc. good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2