Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questionable Early SS Belt Buckle

Article about: Hello Everyone, I recently got in this claimed “Early SS Belt Buckle” and it came with a photocopy of a period? photo with a guy wearing a similar one. The paper came with a partial link fro

?

Default Questionable Early SS Belt Buckle

Hello Everyone,
    I recently got in this claimed “Early SS Belt Buckle” and it came with a photocopy of a period? photo with a guy wearing a similar one. The paper came with a partial link from war relics (http ://warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/belt-buckles-3-reich/1537353d1289056605t-sch...) and is dated 05/18/2011. I tried to search it out with no success. I would love to find where this was photo was originally posted / previously discussed and to hear what you guys think about it.

Questionable Early SS Belt Buckle

Thanks again for all your help!
    Nathan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable Early SS Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs down

Neat buckle, But -
    My thought is that it is Not an SS buckle! AND it sure as hell is Not an early one with a 41 date on the leather!
    Sarge

?

Here is a buckle that was at the 14 SOS. It was tagged as Danish. It had a $4500 price tag so I didn't bother looking at the back. Anything like this is tough to judge. Real or put togeather.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable Early SS Belt Buckle  

Yes it's Danish. "Troskab min ære" ≈ Meine ehre heißt treue.

Would be interesting to see better pics of the buckle. The tab says Berge & Nolte and there is a hint of Berge and Nolte prongs on the buckle. The buckle is from the Schalburg Corp, a sort Danish SS Corps.
    Ben

?

Ya I hear you. A tough one to judge and I didn't really like it to begin with and thought it might have been a Luftwaffe sword pommel cap glued to an army buckle... Then I saw the photo that came with it and thought I would throw a hail mary and if I could get the original thread than I could see what guys said earlier. Anyways thanks for the comments.

Hello,

IMO this buckle is a total Fantasy fake .

The box is a post war made and the processing on this buckle with one hole on back ...........

Also the swastika roundel looks post war made !

IMO buckle and tab don't matching together ..............
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175