Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions

Article about: Had this for a while, I got it as part of a trade a while back but wanted to check with you guys that it is original? It is in a bit of a sorry state, and not for the faint hearted I am admi

Default Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions

Had this for a while, I got it as part of a trade a while back but wanted to check with you guys that it is original?
    It is in a bit of a sorry state, and not for the faint hearted
    I am admittedly a complete novice with buckles so would be interested in your thoughts. I took photos from all the angles I could
    Thanks in advance

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions   Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions  

Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions   Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions
    P
    Many

Chris

Hard to tell from the pics believe it or not, can you give me a square on shot of the rear please? At the moment my gut feeling it is a disguised fake, look at the cut of the prongs and paint on the front is that thick it hides the features, any markings on the buckle at all?
    Ben

its been repainted,but ok imo.

Why is it ok Harry?
    Ben

Hi Ben
    Thanks for the quick reply, will take some more photos tomorrow. Couldn't find any markings at all on it, the back is badly corroded. Is there any other particular angles to take some snaps that might help determine it either way?

Cheers

Chris

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its been repainted,but ok imo.
    Definitely re-painted as there is green in the low points of corrosion

Just a square on from the rear Chris, like the first pic but a rear shot, I can see the ears properly then. On your buckle are the ears shaped like this buckle? Ignore the rest of the buckle just compare the ears
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions  
    Ben

If you are not sure these are the ears
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic/ground find SS Buckle opinions  
    Ben

Hi Ben,
    The buckle isn't here so will have to take a look in the morning, from memory they are longer and don't cut in at such an angle on the long side

Chris

Also look at the ends of the prongs, have they been cut that way or is it just corrosion?
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast