Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)

Article about: Hi Guys, Thought I’d share this buckle with you all. It’s a relic SS Buckle found in Karelia. I assume it will be from the SS Nord as they were the only unit in Karelia (Correct me if I’m wr

Default Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)

Hi Guys,
    Thought I’d share this buckle with you all. It’s a relic SS Buckle found in Karelia. I assume it will be from the SS Nord as they were the only unit in Karelia (Correct me if I’m wrong(?)). Pretty beat up but nice none the less. A collector on Facebook sent it me a few years ago when I’d first started collecting (Was 15 then, 18 now) and once I’ve been collecting a while I’ll do the same and pass it onto a young lad just starting out.

Apologies I couldn’t give a bigger description of the item as I’m not very clued up on buckles, just hope you enjoy.
    Kindest Regards,
    Harvey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)   Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)
    P
    Many

A real mess but a 2nd pattern Assmann marked 155/43 under the prong sleeve in it hay day
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 02-03-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Ben

That’s a few things I didn’t know before mate so I appreciate the input and help. It’s pretty beat up (very beat up), but always gotta start somewhere

On a side note, you aren’t too far from me, I’m Derby too

I am Chesterfield mate lol
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I am Chesterfield mate lol
    The back side of Derbyshire lol close enough mate

Quote by Ben Evans
    but a 2nd pattern Overhoff marked 155/43 under the prong sleeve
    I believe a typo mistake since it is an Assmann. Indeed a second pattern or you can call it a Type 2 since no matter what it is following my own codification .

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    I believe a typo mistake since it is an Assmann. Indeed a second pattern or you can call it a Type 2 since no matter what it is following my own codification .
    Deffo type, at work at mo, no time to poop at mo
    Ben

I'm a young lad.. Not starting out though . I'm really digging this buckle (pun intended). Maybe I'll go rooting around the deepest depths of the internet or local antiques stores and try to snag one for myself.

Should look like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)   Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)  

Relic SS Belt Buckle (From Karelia)  
    Ben

Many thanks Ben, that buckle is definitely nicer to look at but all got to start somewhere

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast