Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic SS Buckle Is this worth $50 ???

Article about: Hi, i have been offered this buckle for \\$50US. Is that a fair price even in it's relic condition?? It is interesting. I know if I like it I should get, just wondering what the market price i

Default Relic SS Buckle Is this worth $50 ???

Hi, i have been offered this buckle for $50US. Is that a fair price even in it's relic condition?? It is interesting. I know if I like it I should get, just wondering what the market price is or has been for one like this.
    I collect relics, and also like to know where they were found. This one the digger/seller said he found outside of Moscow some where. I have asked him more info about exactly where, if he has that info. He is out now digging again in Russia, and will get back to me in a week or two.

It seems SS buckles even when relics are expensive. Is this a fair price? Of course $25 or free would be better, but....I think it is a little bit of work to find these items.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic SS Buckle Is this worth  ???   Relic SS Buckle Is this worth  ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS Buckle Is this worth  ???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic SS Buckle Is this worth $50 ???

It looks like an Assmann or whats left of it. I think that for $50 it's ok. I collect relics also, It's too far gone even for me, there are better ones about to be fair. Your call

I personally would not bother but like John, if you collect this stuff its your call, its not expensive
    Ben

?

It depends on your personal taste! There is no exactly fixed market price available. Some people love pieces in relic condition, others do not!

If you like this special item and the story delivered with it $50 should be OK!

Regards,
    Guido

Thanks fellows, it $50 shipped also. He is putting the parcel with some grenade parts I have purchased from him.

As far as the story, I really do not doubt where this person tells me he finds them. I have dealt with him before, and also he is not asking a fortune for it to go along with the "story". I like to know where the relics were recovered if possible. But.....then again unless you find it yourself, you can never be 100% on it.

I think I'll get it. Not bad for the first SS buckle. I can find a better one sometime and upgrade maybe.

Regards, Steve

?

$50 is ok for this
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Relics are still an identifiable artifact from WW2. I think the value in it only has to be that. Not what you paid for it. When you purchase something pristine, and pay much more than a ground dug relic you have something really nice to be admired for sure. Like the old cliche, it's like comparing apples to oranges.