Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S.S. "mobile" swastika - REFERENCE POINT

Article about: As I am sure that all are aware, there is an interesting discussion within another forum regarding a "turned" swastika SS buckle. I prefer to use the term "mobile" swasti

Default S.S. "mobile" swastika - REFERENCE POINT

As I am sure that all are aware, there is an interesting discussion within another forum regarding a "turned" swastika SS buckle. I prefer to use the term "mobile" swastika.

We have such a buckle for reference on the WR forum (somewhere) and which I posted many years ago.

Here it is again as a reference point, if say the other forums discussion may have whetted someone's appetite for this quite interesting SS buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. "mobile" swastika - REFERENCE POINT
    P
    Many

?

Never saw one before!

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Never saw one before!
    Sadly and may I say, an all too generically familiar response on the WRF and I am now not quite sure as to whether I should laugh or cry.

Regards,

David

?

Love to have one and for being a ground dug buckle it is in good condition. I remember one being sold on Manions 8-10 years ago for over $3500. That shows how rare these are.

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Sadly and may I say, an all too generically familiar response on the WRF and I am now not quite sure as to whether I should laugh or cry.

Regards,

David
    Well David, don't do both. I just said that I've never saw one before. I didn't say fake or so...

?

David, Any thoughts on the maker based on construction methods you wish to share ??
    Thanks...Gwar

Nice to see it again David, I have been looking through the SS makers thread, I thought the eagle looked a little like a Keller buckle but alas they are different. Looking at the end of the prongs are they similar to the early Overhoff buckles David? Hard to tell from the angle
    Ben

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Well David, don't do both. I just said that I've never saw one before. I didn't say fake or so...
    Dear KRISSE

Please accept my apologies for the boorish, impolite and quite uncalled for response that I rattled off to you. Unacceptable, bad tempered and completely at odds with the spirit of the forum.

Apologies.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Dear Gwar and Ben

As a follow on from post numbers 7 and 8, an interesting question of course as to who the manufacturer may have been. The buckle is rare, although a reasonable number have been documented and I think that they are encountered in essentially two forms, by the composition of the metal. I may be wrong here and also, I think that the design is constant.

Towards who the maker may have been, I really do not know.

Ben is aware that I do not embrace with the same fervour as the more serious collectors, the quest to establish who the maker is/was. It really does not interest me. Having said that, I do not recognise on this buckle, any feature of construction which may correlate to that of a known maker.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast