Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".

Article about: Nice early buckle-could be really early -before things got "standardised".Pin assembly is also really unusual. Great pics.

Default Re: S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".

Nice early buckle-could be really early -before things got "standardised".Pin assembly is also really unusual.

Great pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".
    P
    Many

?

David,

I like your SS buckle very much and my feeling says it is an original early SS buckle!
    Unforunately there are not much similar buckles for a comparison and the unusual construction is perhaps an obstacle to one or another collector to buy this buckle. If I remember right there must be these so called "Heimwehr Steiermark" buckles wich showing a similar construction, but please don't ask me for more information about these. It would be interesting for me to know when these Steiermark buckles were produced and worn.

Best,
    Guido

Thankyou for all the comments chaps. I must admit that I did show this buckle to the foremost authority and reference on the SS-Koppelschloss and received a favourable response, although I really had no doubts that the item was anything other than original and rare. Having said that, the ear less box is something of a mystery and to be quite honest, does not seem to be a practical configuration in day to day wear. As Guido has so correctly mentioned, the obvious correlation is with the well known "Heimwehr Steiermark", although of course Thiel of Danzig produced buckles without ears, as were some Imperial (Saxony???) buckles.

Regards,

David

?

David

Here's a Saxon army buckle without ears. The configuration points to a private purchase buckle. Imperial era military buckles without ears don't come up very often, but many such buckles can be found from other organisations, e.g. Feuerwehr.

Regards, Kurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".   S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".  

Dear Kurt

Thankyou.

Attached are images of another buckle that I have - without ears.

Regards,

David

Good evening gentlemen
    I had the chance to get this SS buckle from Weitze at the Militaria Show in Reichertshofen!
    The best place to post it is for sure the thread started by David about this "NoEarsBuckle".
    It is the second buckle I´ve seen with this construction, they are really rare
    Not in that great condition like Davids buckle, but it´s a nice worn example.
    Gruß Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".   S.S. - unusual nickle silver variant with no "ears".  

Hello,

nice
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Very nice Max, you have done very well this week
    Ben

Very interesting buckle, the first one that I see
    Congrats
    Iván

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast