Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

S.S. - Variant Design

Article about: Attached are images of a remarkably peculiar and yet, well documented as original, early nickle silver SS buckle. It is not my penchant to buy ground excavated and "restored" buckl

?

Default Re: S.S. - Variant Design

I do not accept for arguments sake that some vauge thread somewhere or a member that cannot be recalled is a valid counterpoint for any discussion.
    Post a link to the thread or it being held to be geniune by unknown individuals is just a crock.
    Rare variant is just a phrase used by con artists to defraud unsuspecting and or unknowing collectors.
    SteveR
    Boy was I wrong the buckle is a good one.
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveR; 12-26-2010 at 05:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. - Variant Design
    P
    Many

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Where is the rope between the wings and eagles head? I have never seen an original without the rope. Eagles beak and mouth do not look right either.
    SteveR
    SteveR,

Look closely at the photos in the first post. There is no rope there either. You also have paid little attention to the back as they are different also. My example being what others consider even more rare. With respect I don't think you have seen THIS type of buckle except the one in this thread and you didn't look closely at it. I have looked at hundreds of this type of buckle since Thursday night on every site I could find. I have found two photos of this buckle. The one in this thread and on another site after I Goggled "Nazi SS "Hammerhead" buckle (SS Belt Buckle Archives Page).

This buckle has been a box with other US artifacts since 1945 when my father-in-law came back from the war. I don't think they made fakes in 1945.

I don't want to appear to be the expert here as I am NOT and I have asked for opinions here from the senior membership and will respect their observations and opinions . I will have it authenticated by an expert soon.

Now that I have pissed off my first member I'll apologize in advance.

?

I do apologise for a shaky memory and i hope the remainder of your xmas is fault free

?

Quote by Shadeaux View Post
    SteveR,

Look closely at the photos in the first post. There is no rope there either. You also have paid little attention to the back as they are different also. My example being what others consider even more rare. With respect I don't think you have seen THIS type of buckle except the one in this thread and you didn't look closely at it. I have looked at hundreds of this type of buckle since Thursday night on every site I could find. I have found two photos of this buckle. The one in this thread and on another site after I Goggled "Nazi SS "Hammerhead" buckle (SS Belt Buckle Archives Page).

This buckle has been a box with other US artifacts since 1945 when my father-in-law came back from the war. I don't think they made fakes in 1945.

I don't want to appear to be the expert here as I am NOT and I have asked for opinions here from the senior membership and will respect their observations and opinions . I will have it authenticated by an expert soon.

Now that I have pissed off my first member I'll apologize in advance.
    Hell pardner, I am not pissed.
    I just question the validity of the buckle. There are numerious fake buckles floating around and veterans pick up things post war and heirs do not know.
    Just an opinion.
    SteveR
    I was wrong.
    Last edited by SteveR; 12-26-2010 at 05:22 AM.

With all due respect I do not like being called a con artist, crook. This forum must not have rules of conduct evidently and it is apparent why the donations are a bit short if this is an example of the treatment new members are given.

I guess if it was some E-bay ripoff I bought you all could have a little laugh at the newbee and I'd tuck my tale and run but I have Provonaunce and I have the real deal. PREIOD! I am not a collector. I am a son-in-law trying to get a fair price for an artifact my mother-in-law wants to sell. I would buy it but it's begining to look like it's out of my price range.

First verification: SS Buckle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Quote by Shadeaux View Post
    With all due respect I do not like being called a con artist, crook. This forum must not have rules of conduct evidently and it is apparent why the donations are a bit short if this is an example of the treatment new members are given.

I guess if it was some E-bay ripoff I bought you all could have a little laugh at the newbee and I'd tuck my tale and run but I have Provonaunce and I have the real deal. PREIOD! I am not a collector. I am a son-in-law trying to get a fair price for an artifact my mother-in-law wants to sell. I would buy it but it's begining to look like it's out of my price range.

First verification: SS Buckle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I think I am wrong. I apologize.
    Your buckle is a good one sir.
    I am not the forum. I am just one member.
    $500.00 to $600.00 would be fair retail value. But I am never quite up on prices.
    SteveR

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I do apologise for a shaky memory and i hope the remainder of your xmas is fault free
    You were right. It is for me to apologize to you Sir.
    Steve

Accepted. No hard feelings. Just trying to find all I can about this item. I have sent e-mails to every collector and dealer I could find and giving the time of year I expect no real replies until Monday.

Steve you are a good man. And you do know your stuff you have touched more NAZI items in a year than ill see in my lifetime and i resepect your opinion and it takes a big man to admit their wrong. Ive learded something new as well.. ERIC

?

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Steve you are a good man. And you do know your stuff you have touched more NAZI items in a year than ill see in my lifetime and i resepect your opinion and it takes a big man to admit their wrong. Ive learded something new as well.. ERIC
    Me too friend.
    "Never say never."
    SteveR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast