Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS belt and buckle

Article about: Hello guys, real or fake? What's the value? Grts. K.

?

Default SS belt and buckle

SS belt and buckleSS belt and buckleSS belt and buckleSS belt and buckle

Hello guys, real or fake? What's the value?

Grts.

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS belt and buckle

Sorry to advise that you have shown a well known fake Waffen SS buckle. SS runes within a diamond and OLT plus numbers? If so, a Tony Oliver fake from I think the 1970's, although somewhat "modified and aged" over time. SS runes in a diamond or lozenge frame is an immediate indication that the item concerned is a fake.

Regards,

David

?

Thx David,

I had found it on a auctionsite for 150€ (210$), so I allready taught it was fake. For that price...!?

Regards,

Kris.

?

Hello Kris,

I agree with David. The SS runes should never be in a diamond frame.

Regarding the price...

Generally speaking, if it seems too good to be true...it probably is! The genuine SS belt and buckles go for a lot more than 150 Euros. With so much information available nowadays, almost everybody can find out the true value of an item that they wish to sell. Anything advertised way below the going rate is usually a replica/fake item.

Regards

Carl

Dear Carl

Thankyou for your kind words of support toward this well known fake SS buckle.

Indeed and for an SS item so I have been told, the twin Sig runes supported by a diamond are unacceptable for any SS item, whether it be a buckle or a button.

I suppose that this buckle belongs within the appropriate sub forum, however and in a light hearted vein, the buckle dates from the 1970's. Anecdotally, the OLT mark is Tony Oliver's initials in reverse and the number is an extract from his British telephone number.

This buckle has metamorphosed since the 1970', although still, the constant feature of the OLT mark and that number!

Regards,

David

?

Thx guys, I'm learning.......!!!

Grts.

K.

Hi Kris, can you post this buckle in the fake SS thread please?
    Ben