Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS belt buckle for evaluation

Article about: This was the one that started it all... here and after all my years of collecting the so called battlefield relics I still have my doubts about this one. I would greatly appreciate all opini

Jan
    ?

Default SS belt buckle for evaluation

This was the one that started it all... here and after all my years of collecting the so called battlefield relics I still have my doubts about this one. I would greatly appreciate all opinions!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS belt buckle for evaluation   SS belt buckle for evaluation  

SS belt buckle for evaluation   SS belt buckle for evaluation  

SS belt buckle for evaluation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS belt buckle for evaluation
    P
    Many

Original Assmann 155/40 type 1
    Best regards
    Iván

Hello,

yes a salty Assmann
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

nice to see this type in dug condition!

Jan
    ?

Thanks guys, bought it in 2007 I think, the seller wasn´t sure about it being original so I got it for some 30 euros

Best,

Jan

I like it, please compare with my bodenfund example.

SS belt buckle for evaluation SS belt buckle for evaluation SS belt buckle for evaluation

Jan
    ?

Thats a very nice one Glenn , thank you so much for sharing it. Happy that I finally got it confirmed original now it´s back in my collection with a tag

Best,

Jan

?

Jan,

a ground dug steel buckle in this condition is not often to find. I like it!

But it seems that you should spend some effort to its conservation as red rust indicates usually that the corrosion process has not stopped.

Best,
    Guido

Jan
    ?

You are absolutely right Guido, a very light touch of glass bead or organic material blasting and then a dip in hot wax to seal it. I´m trying to get it done in a conservation lab here in Helsinki along with this mid iron-age spearhead I accuired a while ago. The spearhead is a very difficult item to preserve as it was found over ten years ago and hasn´t been treated properly, let´s hope it still has a solid iron core :/

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS belt buckle for evaluation  

?

Jan, indeed not easy to clean and protect these relics whithout killing their charm, but not impossible!
    I wish a good success!

Best,
    Guido