Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find

Article about: Hello all, i found this belt buckle a few years ago in a flower pot under some nuts,bolts and screws, in a flea market in Hungry..i had to look twice at it, when i reconised the pattern..i a

Default SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find

Hello all, i found this belt buckle a few years ago in a flower pot under some nuts,bolts and screws, in a flea market in Hungry..i had to look twice at it, when i reconised the pattern..i also had to conseal my excitment..when i asked how much for this think?..i was told 10 euro...mmm 2 seconds later i was in a taxi speeding to my hotel...i am no expert at buckles..can i get information on the contract number,, it is made of steel..
    thanks..

You hit somebody with your fist and not with your fingers spread.
    Heinz Guderian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find   SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find  

SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find   SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find  

SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find

I think a flower pot is the right place for this piece!

Sorry, I have to tell you that this buckle is a fake, please compare it with the buckles out of the SS fake data base.

The contract number 155 stands for Assmann, but buckles from this maker are totally different.

Regards,
    Guido

As Guido has stated buckle is indeed a fake, could you please post it in the SS Fakes thread please
    Ben

Thanks guido and ben , ill plant it in the fake ss buckle thread....
    just wondering can you guys point out the defects in this dud...thanks...

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
    Joseph Stalin

Darren

I am sure that some of the SS experts will provide a little more detail about this now well documented "Assmann" fake.

As a matter of interest though, if you encounter ANY buckle with this style of claw tips (as per your SS), then the buckle is a fake. Unfortunately, there are now fake buckles which started life with this style of claws and which now, have been replaced with a "more acceptable" style.

Regards,

David

Darren

Have a look at this thread you may learn something from it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Ben

?

I don't think that we have to trouble one of these "SS experts" and would suggest: DIY!

Nearly everything on these reproductions is bogus. Don't want to stress you, Darren, with pedestrian details of construction, but take just a look at the obverse details and compare it to an original Assmann SS buckle! One of the main giveaways are these sharp details on the faked buckle.

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS.BELT BUCKLE. market find  

Thank guido and ben i have looked at the thread...and i know more now..

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
    A H