Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS buckle

Article about: No. The guy from Marseilles, France Then Kingsport, Tennessee, USA Then Johnson City, Tennessee, USA Then Montreal, Quebec, Canada Then Boucherville, Quebec, Canada Then Dieppe, New Brunswic

?

Default SS buckle

ss buckle ...822/38.....fake??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buckle   SS buckle  

SS buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS buckle

I recently got burnt by an SS buckle. It looked great on internet pics and was advertised on a nice website that specialized in german helmets. After I got the buckle in hand I was able to determine that it was indeed, a fake. The seller, sadly, did not stand by his product. This one looks okay. I would feel better if the 3 in 38 was a little closer, even touching the slash (/). You cannot tell this fake from the front. It looks great. The back is the telltale. The prongs seem a little short. They should extend slightly beyond the rope. Measuring the buckle in hand and inspecting the quality of the aluminum is a clear indication of fakery. Plus, take a look at the post ends (or ask for a pic of such) are there hammered marks? These are not original, even for buckles heavily used in combat. IMO i would stay away from this one. The vendor who sold me mine also sold example just like this. I'm sure it was fake and told him so. Alas, I could not warn the buyer who now has a nice piece which is worth about $50. Caveat emptor. rick

Machal, hard call from these pics, the colour in the alu seems ok, if you can inspect the buckle measure its length that will determine whether original or not
    Ben

?

63mm....47mm

Machal, buckle is fake, if less than 64mm then a bad one my friend
    Ben

schmisser
    ?

Hi! I am new to this site I mistakenly bought a 822/38 recently. I measured it I think the real ones are over or about 2.535 inches. Mine was under and the width was smaller. The buckle has some pitting like cast marks. I was taken and the guy stated in the auction no returns. I believe the real original ones were not cast but stamped.

Default show real and fake

Original, echte und falsche kein polnisch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buckle   SS buckle  

SS buckle   SS buckle  

Veilen Danke fur der Bild Koppel71
    Ben

Quote by schmisser View Post
    I believe the real original ones were not cast but stamped.
    You are absolutely correct.

About size, if overall measurements are still a valid way to tell difference between a fake and an original, it does apply only to older fakes. The recent have corrected this issue.

?

Hi Jean are you the guy from Exton,PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast