Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Buckle 155/39 with belt has arrived!

Article about: Hello fellow collectors! It's a good day when new stuff shows up in the mail. Signed for this package this morning and I promised I would take some quick photos when I got it. My employees a

I like the buckle, for sure, but I have doubts on the belt. It looks period, of course, but the "Allach Style"stamp seems to be newer applied than the aging of the leather in the belt, but I could be wrong, naturally. The main thing, in any case, is the buckle and it's just fine!
    Last edited by Wagriff; 11-27-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle 155/39 with belt has arrived!
    P
    Many

?

Guys, this isn't an Allach stamp, although it was used by them of course. It's a mark known as the 'Kulturzeichen,' and it can be found on items which received some sort of SS approval but were not necessarily official Party goods. It addition to Allach, it can be seen on jewelry, edged weapons and perhaps other things.

Should it be on a belt? That is my question. This set was posted for opinions on the WAF, and I also posed that question there with no response.

?

Thanks Erno. Correct term is Kulturzeichen as you stated and thanks for the heads up on that versus Allach. I think I have seen plates and Allach porcelain with the symbol as well. I earlier posted as well as another member I think it was added later as it differs in age appearance to the 95. I did post a URL earlier seen on cross strap under RZM number. Do you feel it is odd on a belt with no other maker name, date, etc...?

Happy Thanksgiving!

QUOTE=Erno;1329162]Guys, this isn't an Allach stamp, although it was used by them of course. It's a mark known as the 'Kulturzeichen,' and it can be found on items which received some sort of SS approval but were not necessarily official Party goods. It addition to Allach, it can be seen on jewelry, edged weapons and perhaps other things.

Should it be on a belt? That is my question. This set was posted for opinions on the WAF, and I also posed that question there with no response.[/QUOTE]
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

It could very well be a fluke. Like a lot of things I've seen over the years, we just might not ever know. The beauty and problem with this hobby.

?

Hello Erno.. Maaaybee the WAF isin't as astute as WRF.. I have seen posts un-answerd for years now...
    Gwar

The belt is fine guys, its a late war M44, the question is the mark, from the comments could be a one off, could be a fake mark, who knows! I have never seen one before on a belt though
    Ben

The belt should not have the SS mark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello Erno.. Maaaybee the WAF isin't as astute as WRF.. I have seen posts un-answerd for years now...
    Gwar
    That's definitely a big problem there. I answer questions whenever I'm able in order to correct that.

On a side note, here's another leather item with a possibly spurious Kulturzeichen mark:

SS leather markings ( belt & cross straps D rings Brocades etc)

I'm trying to post via mobile. This mark showed up on another piece of leather.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Buckle 155/39 with belt has arrived! 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3