Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS buckle - 57 marked

Article about: Hello Coleques, My name is Martin. I'm totally new on this forum. It's my first step. This forum was shown me and recomended by a very friendly person; David North. Thank you David for it! I

?

Default SS buckle - 57 marked

Hello Coleques,

My name is Martin.
    I'm totally new on this forum. It's my first step.
    This forum was shown me and recomended by a very friendly person; David North.
    Thank you David for it!
    I want to show you my new buckle. I've just bought it.
    I don't collect buckles. I decided to buy it because it was a chance to have a rare one.
    The buckle is very interesting. There are two "holes". You can find it on the photo.
    The distance between holes is the same ...so I think that must be a kind of the fabrication damage (mistake) during the production... during mounting the C catch.
    It is marked by "x" on the photo.
    What do you think about my idea? It makes sense, doesn't it.

Thank you for all coments about this buckle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle - 57 marked
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS buckle - 57 marked

Hello Martin and welcome to the forum, I like your buckle, stamped with RZM 57 for Martin Winter, I think the damage as pointed is probably like you stated, some form of fabrication error, maybe the guys that made it had too many schnapps the night previous and put the catch in the wrong place lol
    Ben

Hello Martin and welcome to the Forum.

Your first post has certainly shown a very interesting buckle. The nickle silver "57" SS as I am sure you know is a very rare and very desirable buckle.

The condition of yours is excellent and of course, a super trio of stampings.

I am however intrigued by what appears to be a ghost pair of the C catch seating points. Really have no idea at what stage of the manufacturing process these seating points are introduced and also, whether they are machine or hand applied. Having said that, yours shows what I am sure are the two C catch seating points - in totally the wrong position and with far too much pressure having been applied.

Goodness knows how the buckle managed to escape detection and rejection at the factory.

A remarkable feature and which personally I think "adds" to an already very rare and very desirable buckle.

Regards,

David

?

That sure is a cracking looking buckle ,thanks for showing,rgds Dave

Martin

I forgot to mention that this past "57" thread may be of some interest:-

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...riginal-23555/

Regards,

David

?

Hello,

many thanks for your friendly "admission"... and few kind words about my buckle.

All the best,
    Martin