Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Buckle

Article about: Hello Everyone I would welcome comments on this buckle please. I've looked at the Sticky on fake ss buckles and I'm not sure of this one. If it is a fake would someone please point out the o

Default SS Buckle

Hello Everyone
    I would welcome comments on this buckle please.
    I've looked at the Sticky on fake ss buckles and I'm not sure of this one.
    If it is a fake would someone please point out the obvious differences that makes it one.
    I know nothing about German buckles but am very keen to learn as much as possible from the experts of this forum.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    John
    SS BuckleSS BuckleSS Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle
    P
    Many

?

It's ok, original buckle: catch is a variation from the standard "larger feet" one, but it is ok.

Again, even at a glance, looks incredibly original. There's something about original items, maybe it's an aura... but the fakes certainly don't have it.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Again, even at a glance, looks incredibly original. There's something about original items, maybe it's an aura... but the fakes certainly don't have it.
    I'm looking forward to our friend Ben Evans to add his Expertise...I'm less inclined to place my faith on "Aura" or the lack thereof to determine good from bad, sure wish it were that simple though, lol...Put a Swastika on a Horse-Turd and folks will be Awestruck enough to spend money on it...The Aluminum-Injection-Molded-Buckles are almost impossible to tell apart...I've yet to discover an adequate short-cut that would replace diligent research and passion....
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-10-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Quote by Joda View Post
    It's ok, original buckle: catch is a variation from the standard "larger feet" one, but it is ok.
    The buckle is NOT ok, it is a fake, have a look at this thread and compare the originals to the fakes

SS EM 155/40 original v fake

Gents, please be 1000% sure you give a positive assessment on a buckle, someone might go out and spend big $$$ on a fake if not

Thanks
    Ben

Thanks Ben...I suspected as much and was hoping you'd comment on it-- looks very much like a fake I owned a few years ago that was made in China...
    Cheers Friend,
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-10-2015 at 07:56 PM.

To be honest Glen it is or was quite a good fake that caught out a lot of people but easy to recognise as one
    Ben

The deadly 155/43 one more time!

Thanks to everyone for their replies and help. You've all been great in replying to my thread. I must admit I prefer the first two replies I had !!! lol. Many thanks bigmacglenn1966 and Ben Evans.
    Cheers
    John

It's happened to every one of us at some point in our collecting, John...Which is why we're always encouraging folks to post before purchasing...Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast