Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss buckle

Article about: Hi here, I am still looking for a buckle - still hard to be sure. It looks good to me, just wondering how the rust could have come on the back and not on the front side... Your opinions are

?

Yes I red the 36/43 is not so common. Is it a late war production or just a rare maker ?
    Last edited by yast; 01-11-2020 at 10:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss buckle
    P
    Many

Rare and late war buckle.

?

Late war Overhoff is the most common SS buckle. The 36/43 is one of the tougher SS buckles to find. Here is my late War Overhoff with rust on the back. I have have had others but this was one of my first buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss buckle   ss buckle  

Quote by ivanjoaquin
    The buckle is original
    The cause of the reverse rust of the buckle, can be due to the storage but I remenber to have read that the last batches of this buckle type were painted only on his obverse, because of this, the reverse is more prone to oxidation
    Here is what you are referring to in mint condition with rust developing on the back. To note, rust level remains unchanged since the 20 years I owned this buckle (for sale currently)
    ss buckle
    ss buckle
    ss buckle

Quote by yast
    a 36/43 . They do look very similar.
    Indeed they were made by the same maker (Overhoff) and most were even made using the exact same die.

Quote by Kirby
    The 36/43 is one of the tougher SS buckles to find.
    That one is available for $1200 USD to whoever wants it
    ss buckle
    ss buckle
    ss buckle
    ss buckle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2