Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS buckle, could it possibly be real?

Article about: Hopefully the more experienced collectors will also have their say, this is only my opinion. With that I have trawled our forums and other forums for a fake 822/38 with the large lettering b

?

Default SS buckle, could it possibly be real?

I think this is probably a fake, but I've had some luck with a buckle lately, so I'd like to ask you guys just to make sure. Is it possible to determine from these photos?

SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?

Thanks in advance, guys! Your help is invaluable and I appreciate it immensely.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle, could it possibly be real?
    P
    Many

I dont believe this buckle (the large letter 822/38) is currently faked, from the pics provided I like the buckle. What I am going to try and do is create a list of current faked SS buckles. Watch this space.
    Ben

?

Thank you, Ben! That will be a very useful tool.

I will try get this buckle, then. I'll let you know how it goes.

?

Ben, I bought this buckle for $200. Do you think that's a good price?

Quote by Erno View Post
    I'd pay $200 all day long for SS buckles!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'd pay $200 all day long for SS buckles!..
    Great! Thank you. I see dealers offering these for quite a bit more, but I know that it's not wise to go by dealer prices.

?

$200 is a steal for an original. You do have to be careful with these aluminum SS. I got a 36/40 last year for $300. The dealer had 6-8 SS buckles all fake but one. I did a little research on the forum and measured the buckle before I bought it. A nice addition to any collection.

Kirby

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    $200 is a steal for an original. You do have to be careful with these aluminum SS. I got a 36/40 last year for $300. The dealer had 6-8 SS buckles all fake but one. I did a little research on the forum and measured the buckle before I bought it. A nice addition to any collection.

Kirby
    With the amount of quality fakes for sale, SS stuff is very scary for me, so I never ventured there before. I assumed that this buckle was a fake because of what seemed like a low price, but it looked plausible, which is why I asked. I'm glad now that I did! I will post better quality photos when I receive it.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Again, another cracking price, have a look on dealers sites and see what these go for, you did very very well
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Again, another cracking price, have a look on dealers sites and see what these go for, you did very very well
    Thank you again, Ben, for all the help! Without this website, I'd have passed by three very nice buckles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast