Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS buckle, could it possibly be real?

Article about: Hopefully the more experienced collectors will also have their say, this is only my opinion. With that I have trawled our forums and other forums for a fake 822/38 with the large lettering b

Ben the thing that worries me is the amount of wear to the front but no sign of wear to the clip.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle, could it possibly be real?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Ben the thing that worries me is the amount of wear to the front but no sign of wear to the clip.
    Do you mean the catch part? The prong assembly isn't shown in the photos, so I'm not sure what that looks like exactly.

I'll add some better photos after I receive the buckle, and if it does turn out to be a fake somehow, I'll seek a refund. I'm hoping it's a good one! It will look nice next to its 'cousins' in my little Riker mount if so.

yes Erno.

?

yes Erno.
    Thank you for the thoughts! We'll know for sure when I receive it and can post better photos.

I liked the colour Ivan, also did not see any cast flaws and the makers mark is nice and crisp unlike the fakes which can be not as sharp. The better pics will tell all
    Ben

?

Here are the photos! These were all taken outside, in natural light.

SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?SS buckle, could it possibly be real?

I'm concerned about the strange 'lumps' in the crooks of the wings, as seen in this photograph (taken inside in poor light):

?

Measurements are 63 x 47.5 mm.

Unless this is a new fake that I have not seen to me your buckle is a nice original. I have now also seen the prong sleeve which I like. Also look at the rear you can still see traces of the original silver wash which do not go on the fakes. Here is a fake small letter 822/38, look at the prong sleeve and compare it to your, you will see the difference. If this is a new fake then to be honest we are all in the schiesse!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buckle, could it possibly be real?   SS buckle, could it possibly be real?  

Ben

In ref to the lumps in the wings, they did come to my attention but IMO just a flaw when the buckle was made.
    Ben

?

Thank you, Ben! I do see the difference, now that you point it out. The fakes of this are so good that I was a bit nervous, but now I will feel comfortable adding this to my collection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast