Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS buckle and leather dress belt

Article about: Hello all, I picked this buckle set up from a reputable dealer on Gunbroker, so I'm not really concerned about authenticity, but I wanted to get some opinions on it anyway. Steel buckle, no

?

Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    Other than a somewhat musty smell, the belt is pretty minty. You wouldn't happen to have any photographic reference of a dress Heer buckle, or links that I should check out, would you?
    If you're looking for photos, there are a number of private purchase/parade Heer buckles pictured in Ben's thread here. They exist primarily in aluminum and zinc, but some early ones were made in nickel as well. The buckles that have a roundel attached via four turned down tabs are what most people are referring to when they say "private purchase" or "parade buckles."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle and leather dress belt
    P
    Many

?

Any original Heer buckle with this construction works. If the backing material is blue grey then you need a Luftwaffe buckle. You should be able to find lots of these in the $75-90 price range.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buckle and leather dress belt  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2