Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Buckle, original?

Article about: Hello All i would like to hear your opinion about this particular one. It is not the best condition, anyhow still quite nice to have, if original, what are your toughts about? All the best a

Default SS Buckle, original?

Hello All i would like to hear your opinion about this particular one. It is not the best condition, anyhow still quite nice to have, if original, what are your toughts about?
    All the best and thanks in advance for answers .
    Nicholai.SS Buckle, original?SS Buckle, original?SS Buckle, original?SS Buckle, original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle, original?
    P
    Many

Hi Nicholai and welcome to the forum, can you do me a close up of the eagles head please? It hard to see properly with all that purple stuff thats around it, at the moment there are bits I like and bits I dont

Cheers
    Ben

Hello,

it is a early nickel silver Variation from Overhoff & Cie Lüdenscheid .

Think the post sleeve is replaced on a ground dug buckle........

@ Ben , you can be right with the compressed eagles head seldom variation .......
    Last edited by yellow12; 04-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

The head does look compressed. The catch looks thicker than normal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Buckle, original?   SS Buckle, original?  

Its the thickness of the catch and look at the front view, the elongated beak, but the makers mark and ears look ok
    Ben

Hallo and thanks everyone for a greetings and your kindly answers. I think also that the prong catch was added to this buckle, as it is a steel element and was probably corroded in a first line. Sadly i cannot make better pictures, as it is not in my hands. I am also not shure already, if it is not an modern good Alpaka replica of Overhoff artificially aged, anyhow i decided to skip it and wait for a better ocassion and better state. One more time thank you very much for help.
    Greetings
    Nicholai.

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

it is a early nickel silver Variation from Overhoff & Cie Lüdenscheid .

Think the post sleeve is replaced on a ground dug buckle........

@ Ben , you can be right with the compressed eagles head seldom variation .......
    Markus, have we got one in the database? I am surprised Ivan did not comment?
    Ben

Do you mean this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Buckle, original?   SS Buckle, original?  

Ben

Hello,

yes Ben that's it ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

The front paint or whatever it is masks the eagle and as you said the prongs and sleeve look like they have been replaced, a deceptive buckle! The ears and makers mark look like the other
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast