Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Buckle relic

Article about: By collector condition, you mean "non relic" for \\$500? While the relics are cool, not really for me. I'd rather have that Deumer As the saying goes, "it's in the eye of the be

Default Re: SS Buckle relic

fake relics! Whatever next?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle relic
    P
    Many

Ladies and Gents

I gave this buckle a cleaning with warm water and dish soap. Cleaned it with an old tootbrush. (for an hour) I just about gave-up on this buckle being authentic but I surely don't know enough about SS buckles to judge either way. Either way, have another look, please.

Thanks in advance
    Green

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]SS Buckle relic[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Buckle relic   SS Buckle relic  

SS Buckle relic   SS Buckle relic  

SS Buckle relic   SS Buckle relic  

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Sorry Green, but I don't like it. It looks an awful much to me like a fake that's had acid paste smeared across it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry green, IMO its hard to tell from the mess buckle from what I can see with the pin head, prongs and now the bumps in the wings I do like it, to me fake buckle messed with to look ground dug
    Ben

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    fake relics! Whatever next?
    Unfortunately Glenn the faker boys are now into relics as well Now that Relic SS anything is changing hands for good prices it is worth them trying to pass of fakes as relics as in this case !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Too true! I noted with the above example the inconsistency of the corrosion. Really, a buckle buried for 60+ years should exhibit similar overall surface deterioration. My relic SS buckle is a case in point.

SS Buckle relic

SS Buckle relic

Thank you guys

I trust what I am told....too many good buckle collectors here! It's unfortunate that fakers are heartless but one day they will run into the wrong person and learn the wrongs of their ways. I paid $40 for it, so not a huge sum but the point is that I would not have paid $1 if I knew it was fake. In the spirit of adventure and excited treasure hunting, this will not be my last either. LOL I love the hunt and will always take a chance on the inexpensive stuff. Lets just hope I learn faster!

The forum will learn, as a whole, from these threads, so not a complete loss.

Thank you guys

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Good attitude - and I'm glad you are not out
    several hundred bucks on this one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Good attitude - and I'm glad you are not out
    several hundred bucks on this one.........
    Thanks Steve

I would not spend that kind of money on something I have not clue about. Folks pay $200 for relics? Relics are not for me then. LOL $40 = It's like going to the gambling boat.....DONT EXPECT TO WIN!

Green

Well, in 'collector condition' these are now around
    $350 (low) to $500 up here.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast