Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS buckle with Totenkopf

Article about: 'Nuff said about this toten buckle.....\\$300 was mentioned for SS buckles....I think the prices are actually quite higher! If you can land a decent example for that price: I would go for it.

Default SS buckle with Totenkopf

I was thinking of buying this buckle, but came aware of how many copies there is. So I tried to read up on how to detect the fake ones. But the pics of this isn´t that good so I cant decide if real or fake. There is no folded edges on it, or didnt they all have?
    I am chasing this particular buckle, but all the ones I have found seems to be fakes so far, I bet this one is to.
    Would love to get some tips from you guys.

SS buckle with Totenkopf
    SS buckle with Totenkopf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle with Totenkopf
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS buckle with Totenkopf

I'm fairly certain this is a fantasy piece. It has the Wehrmacht motto (Gott mit Uns) with an SS Totenkopf....

As for authentic pieces, serach for posts from Ben Evans as he is always posting photos of mint, original examples. This should be a good starting point to help you avoid fakes...

Ok.
    But what motto did the SS Totenkopf have?

Total fantasy item.

The SS did not wear a buckle with a Totenkopf on it.

The SS belt buckle is this one. Note the motto on this original from my collection. Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My Honour is Loyalty.")

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buckle with Totenkopf  

?

SS motto is "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" (My Honour is Loyalty). Here's a link to photos of authentic SS buckles:

The Collector's Guild

?

Ade beat me to it...sorry for the double post.

In any case, I found online several of the fake you showed in the first post and it seems these are being offered for $30. For a true SS buckle, expect to pay $300 on up for an original example....I would assume Ade's example is valued at 4 times that amount, if not more, as it is a nice mint example...If the maker is rare, this can drive up the price regardless of condtion...

Super thanks to both of you.

Will look into the link you posted.

Thanks again.

?

NP. I've never purchased from the Collectors Guild but hear the prices can be high. However, from what I understand, you shouldn't have any concerns about an item not being authentic. You essentially pay a premium for the comfort of knowing the items are authentic. Good luck!

The buckle is one of the worse eastern European fakes on the market, have a look in the Rouges gallery, you will find plenty in there!
    Ben

Perhaps the most important feature of this thread is that buckle belongs to a huge family of fakes and fantasies currently and ever more in circulation.

Quite simply and forgetting for the moment the obverse design, ANY BUCKLE which has this type of reverse is a fake.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast