Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS EM/NCO Belt and Buckle

Article about: Just looking for some info on this belt/buckle that I'm looking at. It's marked RZM 155/43 SS, and the belt looks to be stamped 86 or 98 depending on what direction you look at it. I'll let

Default SS EM/NCO Belt and Buckle

Just looking for some info on this belt/buckle that I'm looking at. It's marked RZM 155/43 SS, and the belt looks to be stamped 86 or 98 depending on what direction you look at it. I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story. Oh, he's asking 350.00 Canadian funds.

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM/NCO Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS EM/NCO Belt and Buckle

the front of the buckle has been polished...??!!

Mike, the buckle is original and I also think the front has been polished. Just looked at a currency converter to see what 350 Canadian is in $ and in my eyes the buckle with the belt is very good value for money, very cheap
    Ben

Thanks for the quick reply's! Even with the front being polished it's still a good buy for the price?

Quote by HarvEx1RCR View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply's! Even with the front being polished it's still a good buy for the price?
    Yes, with the belt that is a $500-600 buckle
    Ben

The rivits are unusual (field repair of some sort?) as are the odd extra triangular trio of holes in it. The buckle will tone down somewhat eventually,at any rate. I wonder why the odd holes and does the belt have any markings? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Certainly a repair: note the stitching has broken and so the belt tongue has been rivitted in place. Occasionally this gets done post war too to increase the size of the belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I haven't seen the belt in person yet, but the seller hasn't mentioned any stamps on it. And the only stamps I've seen on it is what I'm guessing is the size. Either way it's a steal at that price so I think I'm gonna scoop it up.

Quote by HarvEx1RCR View Post
    I haven't seen the belt in person yet, but the seller hasn't mentioned any stamps on it. And the only stamps I've seen on it is what I'm guessing is the size. Either way it's a steal at that price so I think I'm gonna scoop it up.
    Ben