Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

Article about: Another set I purchased a while ago for us to share... The schulterriemen is also SS-marked and still quite nice after all these years. I hope I age as well as this strap of leather. Regards

?

Default Re: SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I do not think that you should be quite so negative about the belt after all you have a fantastic ensemble there and if you want to improve on the belt, then you can do so in your own time.
    Given the rest of the uniform the belt and buckle etc is the easy bit and the nickel buckle is at least correct for the style of the tunic.
    Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I do like the belt and buckle. They came together and I wouldn't want to change that. The schulterriemen I purchased a bit later and, as a contrast, the SS markings are very different. The SS stamp on the belt was likely added later but it doesn't bother me. I accept it for what it is, a nice belt that was likely altered to try to increase the value. It looks great on the tunic that once belonged to a bookbinder in Bavaria and, as you say, is correct for the style.

Thank you again for the complements on the ensemble.

Best regards,

CMH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2