MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?

Article about: Hi, Bought this SS enlisted men's belt buckle at auction and would like your opinion on whether it is genuine or not. Many Thanks Andytee

Default SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?

Hi,
    Bought this SS enlisted men's belt buckle at auction and would like your opinion on whether it is genuine or not.
    Many Thanks
    Andytee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?   SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?  

SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?   SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?  

SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?
    P
    Many

Hello ,

sorry that's a well known older fake .

And not the best !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks Markus, I thought that might be the case, I got it too cheaply at around £15 so guessed it was either bargain of the century or more likely a wrong one. Do these things have any value if marketed as a reproduction?

Hi Andy, as already stated, really bad fake Not much value either as a fake
    Ben

?

An old repo. The prongs are to wide for a WWII belt. I had one I sold on estand for $25 so you got it for what it is worth.

Throw it away and get another fake out of circulation!...

Ok Thanks for all the replies. Guess i'll take Gunny Hatmann's advice and toss it in the trash.

Sorry, I mean Gunny Hartmann, not Hatmann.

?

I had a British medal once that was stamped COPY. It would be great if repos had to be marked.

I totally agree. To the untrained eye many of these fakes look like the real McCoy and particularly when they are being sold by auction houses rather than a man in a pub, you would expect a certain amount of research to be done on the part of the auction house. This not being the case, legislation to force copiers to mark their products as such would be very welcome but highly unlikely i'm guessing. In the meantime, thank goodness for forums like this where we can share other peoples expertise and gradually educate ourselves as to what is real and what is not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast