Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?

Article about: Hi, Bought this SS enlisted men's belt buckle at auction and would like your opinion on whether it is genuine or not. Many Thanks Andytee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS enlisted mens buckle, genuine or not?
    P
    Many

BTW welcome to the forum
    Ben

Thanks Ben, will have a good read through. Thanks also to Gunny Hartmann and yourself for the positive likes and reputation comments. I picked up a small visor cap at a flea market in Hungary with the eagle and deaths head badges attached. The stall owner told me in very bad English that it was an SS tank commanders cap, which I know it is not, I am also fairly convinced that it is a marriage of the cap and badges, all of which are most likely copies. It was, however, quite cheap at 60 euros, so I took a punt on it but until now have had no way of finding out about it. I will post some photos later on the relevant thread section in the hopes that someone can identify what it is and if it is original or not, although I expect the worst.

I would not hold your breath mate at 60 Euros lol
    Ben

Yeah I know. I kind of new at the time that it was probably a wrong one, but hey, I am an eternal optimist :-) Anyway, I have posted pics on the headwear thread section and had all my worst suspicions realised. One day I will get a nice piece of genuine memorabilia but I think I am going to have to pay big money at a respected memorabilia auction house in order to do so. C'est la vie.

Quote by andytee View Post
    Yeah I know. I kind of new at the time that it was probably a wrong one, but hey, I am an eternal optimist :-) Anyway, I have posted pics on the headwear thread section and had all my worst suspicions realised. One day I will get a nice piece of genuine memorabilia but I think I am going to have to pay big money at a respected memorabilia auction house in order to do so. C'est la vie.
    Have a look on the for sale section on here mate Third Reich militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Yeah, just been having a look. However, there is an arms & militaria auction in December at Halls Auctioneers, a very respected auction house just up the road from where I live, and it has some nice helmets and medals on offer, all with full provenance and reasonable guide prices. So I will go along there and see how much they go for. If I get nothing there, I will be back on here looking. If I do get anything I will post some pics for you guys to have a look at, as I would value your opinions.

Quote by andytee View Post
    Yeah, just been having a look. However, there is an arms & militaria auction in December at Halls Auctioneers, a very respected auction house just up the road from where I live, and it has some nice helmets and medals on offer, all with full provenance and reasonable guide prices. So I will go along there and see how much they go for. If I get nothing there, I will be back on here looking. If I do get anything I will post some pics for you guys to have a look at, as I would value your opinions.
    Welcome to the forum!
    It would be wise to post photos BEFORE you buy. At least in the classifieds, most items are original, if not, most of the time they are picked up on by members before they can be sold.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2