Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Green Painted Overhoff

Article about: A rare color for an Overhoff SS production since typical production by this maker was usually silver. I would like to know who owns other examples made by Overhoff green painted? Condition d

Default SS Green Painted Overhoff

A rare color for an Overhoff SS production since typical production by this maker was usually silver.
    I would like to know who owns other examples made by Overhoff green painted? Condition does not matter. Just need to be Green Painted and been made by Overhoff only.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Green Painted Overhoff   SS Green Painted Overhoff  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Green Painted Overhoff
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Green Painted Overhoff

and in MINT condition
    Ben

?

Wow. That is a beauty.

This Green Painted Overhoff buckle is NOT mine. I have it now in my hands for examination and photos but it belongs to another collector, not me. I tend to believe the green paint was period applied (Overhoff already factory painted green series of 36/37's and 36/40's) and, except for one particuliar detail, everything tells me it was done pre-1945. But I would like to see some others. As with everything, there was not just one example. So any others around ???

I have an early SS O&C with most of the paint gone from wear. This seems to be a very rare variant from the normal issue buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Green Painted Overhoff   SS Green Painted Overhoff  

SS Green Painted Overhoff  

?

That is a very nice buckle!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by grunt158 View Post
    I have an early SS O&C with most of the paint gone from wear. This seems to be a very rare variant from the normal issue buckles.
    Can you do me a close up pic of the end of the prongs and catch?
    Ben

Quote by grunt158 View Post
    Unfortunately it is not a rare variant but a common fake (copy) originating from East Europe. Sorry...

this is about as close up as i can get. overall wear and patina look very genuine to me. pressing of metal looks to be sharp and very clear relief unlike most common fakes. If there is something you see that would make this stand out as a fake please let me know. thanks

AS JP has already stated and now I have seen the prongs as I suspected indeed a fake!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast