Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss gzm m1/131

Article about: Check this out SS EM/NCO's Belt Buckle by "GZM M1/131" GZM SS in Super nice condition Unfortunatly I don't have so much money 2000\\$ regards Piotr

Default Re: Ss gzm m1/131

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Ben. Seen it just now, what's the consensus now on originality?
    Tom
    Nothing wrong with that mate, thats a rare baby
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss gzm m1/131
    P
    Many

Good! I'm happy you got it.
    Tom

Just found out from another thread some very potentially interesting info. I know that GZM buckles have been ground dug in Estonia and Gdansk. I have asked what SS units were in them areas during the war. Well it seems that the SS-Heimwehr Danzig were in that area . It has been suggested that Rudolf Reich, Danzig M4/112 & M1/131 could have been the maker of these buckles. If that is so is it possible that a local buckle supplier started to supply SS units with buckles? Again just food for thought.
    Ben

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    What is 'GZM'?

Kris.
    Kris, have a read of this thread ref GZM

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...anzig-17205-3/
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Just found out from another thread some very potentially interesting info. I know that GZM buckles have been ground dug in Estonia and Gdansk. I have asked what SS units were in them areas during the war. Well it seems that the SS-Heimwehr Danzig were in that area . It has been suggested that Rudolf Reich, Danzig M4/112 & M1/131 could have been the maker of these buckles. If that is so is it possible that a local buckle supplier started to supply SS units with buckles? Again just food for thought.
    Hi Ben

Of course they could make a limited number buckles for SS in Danzig, so limited that finding them is very very hard now. For sure these are original buckles.

regards
    Piotr

Hi Piotr, I am pleased you have read this thread it involves you anyway I am happy with these buckles being period Piotr, like I stated earlier, too many have been found ground dug as you well know. As for the Heimwehr being supplied locally to me it makes sense, also if they were not round for very long either as a unit then maybe that explains why these buckles are not around in great numbers? Take care my friend
    Ben

BTW Piotr, how is your research going into the "other" unknown marked buckles?
    Ben

Great new info Ben. Hope Piotr makes his info available soon. Following this thread with great interest.
    Tom

Tom, at the moment this is just speculation, the problem is not a lot is known about these buckles so really it is down to theories. To me it is one avenue to go down, I am in the process of buying a book about the SS-Heimwehr Danzig in hope I may find a picture in there with one being worn, then once and for all case closed
    Ben

Good luck with your search!
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast