MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Rodo Buckle (help needed)

Article about: First of all, please excuse my lack of knowledge in all things connected to the subject at hand. But im trying to sell a SS "rodo" Buckle, with my for sale add being listed here: W

Not to hijack this thread but I would like to ask a question that keeps popping up in my mind often when looking at steel items such as this. Would the agreeable consensus on a buckle like this be to just leave it in it's rusted state OR would the potential collector use some method to eradicate the corrosion. We all know the "rust never sleeps" verse so if this buckle would be left in it's current condition, would it not continue to rust?
    I would appreciate some input as I am new to collecting and could not afford the pristine examples. Thank you and please, if this is not correct to ask this here, my apologies. Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Rodo Buckle (help needed)
    P
    Many

Quote by kirby View Post
    Better photos would have helped. When I see bad photos of a for sale item I usually wonder what the person is hiding.
    Yeah photos are not one of my strength. I took them with my phone(note5). But its when i had to reduce the size as required by classifieds rule to under 500MB, they really started to look bad. That is the reason i have mentioned in my add, that if anyone would like more photos of something, i can send them whatever they need via email or phone, pictures with better resolution, or a desired detail photo.

Really? Noone is interested at 360? Well, than lowering my price to 300.

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I would like to ask a question that keeps popping up in my mind often when looking at steel items such as this. Would the agreeable consensus on a buckle like this be to just leave it in it's rusted state OR would the potential collector use some method to eradicate the corrosion. We all know the "rust never sleeps" verse so if this buckle would be left in it's current condition, would it not continue to rust?
    I would appreciate some input as I am new to collecting and could not afford the pristine examples. Thank you and please, if this is not correct to ask this here, my apologies. Bob
    I wonder the same as you and are in the same boat as you brother! Will my buckles with a little rust one day be full of it?

Guys its all down to the individual, personally I would give mine a gentle rub down with gun oil, I have found this to keep the buckles in a stable condition.
    Ben

Quote by postsmart View Post
    Really? Noone is interested at 360? Well, than lowering my price to 300.
    If no one will buy this nice buckle at $300 it unreal, let me know I will buy it.

Thanks
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2