Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS RZM marked belt

Article about: Hi folks. I don't know or this is the correct menu to place this belt so Mod, please place it in the correct section if not. Thx. I'm selling this belt (+buckle) on WAF. Moderator overthere

?

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    And I strongly believe your belt has a postwar added marking which translates by not original SS belt. You should maybe try to find at least ONE 100% genuine SS leather belt which was ordered (so produced) in 1941 by the SS through the RZM.... Just my two cents to begin....
    Okay, I'll try. And then you try to prove that this one is fake!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM marked belt
    P
    Many

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Okay, Jean Pierre, but now you are again refering to other items that are known to be fake. But you and Mr. Ferrari on WAF are still not able to show a reference
    that indicates this marking is fake. You both are constantly saying fake fake fake but you have no prove or what so ever. And in the meanwhile, my belt stays burned...

What makes you think or how can you prove that this markings are fake???
    Read just above. The other one I "thought" (posted in 2002 in the WAF) was ascertained to be a fake later in 2004. Same makers / fakers as the (also fake) 401/43's showing in the mid 90's - which were updated / upgraded to 401/38's and 401/39's as well). Now proving it - on the spot - sorry but I ain't God. Returning the question, can you "prove" it is an original? Odds are just in my favor since
    a) a fake production with the exact same marking already exists - recorded
    b) No records of any other original made in 1941.

?

I rest my case here. It doesn't matter anymore. You can't prove it's fake, I cannot prove it's real.
    People probably just have to make up their own mind in this.

I don't want to argue here anymore because I accually don't care anymore...

I'm not sure there was fakes in the 60's, nobody was looking for such things.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Good evening gents, just got in from work, I suggest everyone takes a chill pill for a while and have a look around and try and find evidence as to if the makings are indeed genuine or fake added post war, what a I dont want is a slanging match or the thread gets closed. Let me have my tea and a coffee and I will see what I can find
    Ben

Gents, I had thought I had seen this maker mark before, we have it in our archives, this is my take on this, looking at the buckle that Kirby posted with these markings look at the hook on the belt and general make up of it especially the stitching, in my opinion I do not like this belt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM marked belt   SS RZM marked belt  

Ben

?

This belt and marking was discussed in my thread about my belt on WAF. Offcourse I also do not like this marking.
    It's RZM 41 and makermarked 1943. So there's no logic.
    But my belt isn't makermarked.

- - ------- - -

I found another RZM marking. This one is dated 38.

http://www.ssrelics.net/ss-uniforms.htm

This is the markings from both belts put together, your belt Krisse is 1000% original, in ref to the markings to me they have been done with a different stamp. Hopefully Wim Saris will read this thread and if he has time he may look through his archives and find something on the makers mark, FB might even chime in if he has anything.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM marked belt  
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    This is the markings from both belts put together, your belt Krisse is 1000% original, in ref to the markings to me they have been done with a different stamp. Hopefully Wim Saris will read this thread and if he has time he may look through his archives and find something on the makers mark, FB might even chime in if he has anything.
    Yes, these are totally different markings but for some they aren't. (Jean-Pierre)

Just a thought and only a thought I wonder if the 201 marking came from M5/201 (uniform & Effects) M5/201 Zieh-, Press- und Stanzwerk G.m.b.R., Zwintschöna b. Halle a. d. S.. I a currently searching the net trying to find if a fake belt can be bought with these markings, however I cannot spend lots of time tonight as I would like to relax before bed, I work a 13 hr day
    Ben

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast