Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?

Article about: Hi guys, Advice needed on this buckle and belt. It's a nickle RZM 57, non magnetic, with a belt stamped RZM 01/38 SS. Apologies for rubbish pics.... So, this will be Allgemeine then? Rare an

Gents, just grouped them together for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?   Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?  

Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?   Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?
    P
    Many

Ben you should add the one from the original post

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    Ben you should add the one from the original post
    On it
    Ben

Just looking at your set JP, theres seems to be differences between the one on the belt and the D ring, yet the markings on Lenny and Markus belts are very similiar.
    Ben

On "my" set both 101/38 on belt and rings are fakes.

I am no longer at all comfortable saying Lenny is original. I am just waiting for more information on the exact provenance of Markus set before going further.

Here is my own belt with marking I thought could have maybe been from the same maker. As you can see this was a very very slim thought even if I can see more than any photo can take. But, once again, this started exclusively after Markus input stating the no-doubt provenance of his own set.

So, for the sake of future collectors buying any other belt with this 101/38 marking I would like to have Markus providing his own guarantee since a period applied marking could only be legitimated by what he is going to say. If not, I advise collectors to just assume it is a fake marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?  

Wow, I'm away from the forum for a few weeks and... Thanks for posting pic Ben.

As I mentioned, I'm not too bothered if my belt is right or wrong, got a great deal on the buckle so the belt was free... Obviously I'd like it to be right... Interesting that markus's is a vet pickup though...

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Interesting that markus's is a vet pickup though...
    This is what needs to be confirmed

Today I was off so I took the time to do as Lenny did: Google RZM 101/38 SS. WOW, what the Google images section can bring! SS dagger loops, belt loops, SS leather belts, leather belts for HJ leaders, and even open claws SS belts!! All marked the same and all for sale at different places.

Please correct me if I am wrong: "Grenadier" wasn't mostly used in the Heer?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast