MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Unissued SS Dress Belt

Article about: This is the nicest belt I have personaly ever seen. It was brought back with a large lot of items from a vet.

Default Unissued SS Dress Belt

This is the nicest belt I have personaly ever seen. It was brought back with a large lot of items from a vet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued SS Dress Belt   Unissued SS Dress Belt  

Unissued SS Dress Belt   Unissued SS Dress Belt  

Unissued SS Dress Belt   Unissued SS Dress Belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unissued SS Dress Belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unissued SS Dress Belt

Very nice!

yes...nice indeed!

Rob

Very nice. I have a very similar one, but without the paper tag on the Koppelschloss.

I have never seen that tag what does it mean? Is it when the SS took over their own production away from the RMZ?

No, the tag is a normal RZM tag with the statement that the item is approved by the RFSS. The SS never entirely took away its regalia from the RZM. Rather, parts of the SS evolved their own procurement system in a process that is pretty complicated and which is not at all accurately understood on most of these collector websites. This phenomenon chiefly concerned the Waffen SS. The issue hangs on the sources of funds for the SS in its variety, which came from the party and branches of the state, and finally from the SS itself. But yours is an RZM tag with the RFSS approval, just as other tags contain the Oberste SA Fuehrung approval etc. The design and character of the regalia was the province of the branch of the NSDAP, where who made it, and with what raw materials, and with a license system was the purview of the RZM. The belt buckle people here will show you similar paper tags on such buckles. Items of SS clothing and equipment were freed of controls, i.e. peaked caps, in the course of the war. You write elsewhere that your marvelous heap of material includes a cap. May we see it too? You have found a fine cache of excellent material. Well done.Unissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress Belt

Thanks to Robert H for the use of his photo of his Handbuch d RZM, a marvelous source. No collector should be without it.

Of use in this theme .Unissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress BeltUnissued SS Dress Belt

?

What a marvelous looking belt that is, and in mint condition like it was taken from the stock shelf , cant wait to see the rest

Any chance of seeing rear pics of the buckle?
    Ben

I will hopefully be able to show many more photos of all of the items because here in the next few months i hope to make an offer on the whole lot. I was abe to see the rear and it had all the markings you would expect to see but i did not go all out of the items as far as breaking them down yet due to them still being family items. If i had my choice of one item from this collection though I would purchase this belt. It is amazing. The luger has two matching mags by the way. I have not been able to see the dagger or the VT cap yet. The are both currently in the possesion of the grandson and we do not know for sure if they are still in HIS possession or not.