Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unseen markings on SS buckles

Article about: I am happy that you take it easy, Andrea! BTW we have no proved relation of the Gau Essen buckle to the SS! Regards, Guido

Default Re: SS Makers

WOW, great acquisition did you notice this particular? what can be?

andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unseen markings on SS buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unseen markings on SS buckles
    P
    Many

May perhaps a forum member provide a German translation of this response? Greatly appreciated.

koppel71
    Martin Winter - you lucky fellow !

I have an example of the 57 and also the 57 GES. GESCH, however sadly, not one like yours. Congratulations and of course, a super acquisition to your collection.

Andrea
    I do applaud your very interesting investigative skills, however for the life of me, I can see nothing of note toward the area that that you have isolated on koppel71's buckle. My apologies for being a little stupid on this matter.

Regards,

David

Hi to All,

just a short message to the memebers of this forum to say MANY MANY THANKS at all of you for your suggestions/observations and to say (also) that I'm so honoured to talk with all of you 'bout this inetrasting argument!

Just yestaderday I was to got glance through the NASH book and I noticed that Jaen Pierre apperas on the SS BUCKLE section: WOW, so I talking with an ELITE of person all over the wolrd!!!SO COOL MEN SO REALLY COOL!!!

Andrea

ps to Davidù: et a better glimpse of the particular on the ss rzm 57 that I underlined: also in the Nash book there's the same inteasting particular to investigate for... ;-) unfortunatley I've not this great buckle..:-(

Hi Guys,
    some recently news: just yesterday I've bought these 2 SS relics (why relics ever? Why my finances are so limited in this moment :-D ) anyway, here we go:

- the first one seems to be a steel overhoff…we must wait, after "FBI liquid treatment" ;-)

- the second one is a "common" (respect to others most rare) RZM 822/38 SS but…near the embossed RZM mark (in a "preliminary study" on the VISIBLE&UV ranges) I've noticed a impressed "2" mark: part of some other pre-mark or…? It's possible that I always pick up this "strange buckles"? :-D :-D
    I re-invited you and your fabulous buckle collections to investigate in VISIBLE,UV& IR ranges…we could find some other particulars for "historical reconstruction", increasing the value of the buckles…may be…or may be not…"what will be, will be" :-D ;-)

Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unseen markings on SS buckles   Unseen markings on SS buckles  

Default Re: Test

hi Ben,
    i've noticed and appreciate the new thread :-D you are right, new argumentations :-D but what does it means your "ddcd" answer ?-)

Quote by greenwave7 View Post
    hi Ben,
    i've noticed and appreciate the new thread :-D you are right, new argumentations :-D but what does it means your "ddcd" answer ?-)
    Nothing mate, just a tester when I was seeing how to move threads, moderation stuff thats all, its gone now
    Ben

Dear Ben, I need your opinion 'bout a steel relic SS buckle: can I submit a PM to you? At what address if it's possible?

Andrea

Quote by greenwave7 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    some recently news: just yesterday I've bought these 2 SS relics (why relics ever? Why my finances are so limited in this moment :-D ) anyway, here we go:

- the first one seems to be a steel overhoff…we must wait, after "FBI liquid treatment" ;-)

- the second one is a "common" (respect to others most rare) RZM 822/38 SS but…near the embossed RZM mark (in a "preliminary study" on the VISIBLE&UV ranges) I've noticed a impressed "2" mark: part of some other pre-mark or…? It's possible that I always pick up this "strange buckles"? :-D :-D
    I re-invited you and your fabulous buckle collections to investigate in VISIBLE,UV& IR ranges…we could find some other particulars for "historical reconstruction", increasing the value of the buckles…may be…or may be not…"what will be, will be" :-D ;-)

Andrea
    I must admit, I do see a number 2, that cannot be denied
    Ben

Talking Re: SS Makers

Hi Guys,
    new investiagtion a really relic late war Overhoff steel ss buckle (in according to Ben and Angolia book, 2001 ed. - pg. 208 at bottom) after a restoring fluid procedure (as you can see!) I've found some intreasting "signs" but not all are very clear so I've decided to put on the most significative ("59" numb under the catch) in VISIBLE and IR ranges.
    Cheers
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unseen markings on SS buckles   Unseen markings on SS buckles  

Unseen markings on SS buckles   Unseen markings on SS buckles  

Hi Guys,
    this is an early O & Cie GES GESCH. ss buckle .
    in the pink(IR) and bluette(UV&BLACK LIGHT) imgs we can find some intreasting mark/signs (ps try to zoom out if you don't see the marks )

CU

Andrea

Attached Images Attached Images Unseen markings on SS buckles 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast