Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Zinc buckle

Article about: A rare zink made buckle, most of them I saw was marked with /42 year

?

Default Waffen SS Zinc buckle

A rare zink made buckle, most of them I saw was marked with /42 year
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Zinc buckle  Waffen SS Zinc buckle 
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Zinc buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Zinc buckle

As from the words of the owner he dug it up from bunker,
    My original was marked, but unfortunately I've don't make a pictures before it was sold to compare...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Phil, I think its just the light... the shadowing around the wing on right is creating the effect. As you say its got good definition!
    Dan

Hey Dim what a buckle, only the second one I have ever seen, rare as hens teeth
    Ben

Quote by Dimas View Post
    A rare zink made buckle, most of them I saw was marked with /42 year
    Hello Dimas,

Are you 100% sure it is made from zinc? Is the post sleeeve / prongs assembly in steel or in aluminum?
    Looks to me like the unmarked injection molded by R. Sieper made from aluminum. It is absolutely correct they are looking the same as the ones marked RZM 822/42 SS. Both were made by R.Sieper, both were made using the same tools, but they are not the same buckles. The "unmarked" were made from a low grade aluminum (maybe even with a mix of several components usually related to zinc) with aluminum post sleeve and prongs. They are heavier than a regular aluminum SS buckle, but not much. On the other end, the RZM 822/42 SS were made from heavy zinc with a steel post sleeve / prongs assembly. The "unmarked" variant is scarcer to find than the marked one. Here is mine which recently replaced my ground dug published in 2001 Angolia's book.

PS: I do not know if it is appropriate to ask this, but if you want to sell it, please let me know jpredeu@rogers.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Zinc buckle  

?

Jean, I have just a picture andd from the words of the owner it's ground found from Demjansk area, I do not know exact material, but from the words of owner material is zinc like. The 822/42 I have owned a couple of them and for sure can say that they was a zinc made...
    I think you are right about the material made...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think you are right about the material made...
    I strongly believe I am ... As previousely said, zinc ones from Sieper were with ferrous metal post sleeve / prongs assemblies. A groud dug example would have kind of nothing remaining serviceable of that part...

Here are photos of my older (ground dug as well) one

Back of the unmarked (aluminum based)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Zinc buckle   Waffen SS Zinc buckle  

For comparison, here a ZINC 822/42 with common post sleeve / prongs made from ferrous metal. This one remained for several decades hidden in a German barn but no dug in the ground.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast